most expensive rose hair EVER

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Well he did have the enclosure and all the useless junk with it like the lamp with the bulb. So that's probably why.

Versi*JP*Color

Arachnoknight
That included the tank,substrate,hydrometer,thermometer, and heat lamp.
Still is a tad expensive.

They say it's 6 to 8 months old.
WAY off.

KnightinGale

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I dunno. It's not like it was $100 for just the spider. It had the tank and all that other stuff with it as well. Not that I would use the pad heater and the clamp-infrared on the Rose, but they would be handy for other things. Water dish, decor, that stuff isn't cheap if people were going to buy it from the pet shop. Plus extra coco fibre bedding and feeders.
More than people might be used to paying around here (the board) from other hobbyists, maybe, but not outrageous by any means.

Knight in Gale

Czalz

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
That included the tank,substrate,hydrometer,thermometer, and heat lamp.
Still is a tad expensive.

They say it's 6 to 8 months old.
WAY off.
Months, years, who can tell the difference anyways?

Scoolman

Arachnolord
Old Timer
10 gallon tank with a lid $25
decor/hiding spots (3) $6-$45
water bowl $3
under tank heater $15-$25
clamp lamp with infrared heating bulb $30
thermometer and hygrometer $30

Total $109-$159 approximately + $20 for the rosea
Of course this would be for all new materials. A bit high but fair.

sharpfang

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
There was once an ad for a $149.00 Rose Hair specimen on the Internet

To think all this time we thought Grammostolas were slow growers!!:rolleyes:{D
LOL {D That one made a deal w/ the Devil :evil:

Guess Chile was Not Hot enough :p

curiousme

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
He is trying to recoup cost for the needless accessories he spent the money on. I wonder what his reason for getting rid of it is.....

Toirtis

Arachnobaron
I have seen a couple of rosea's on the local kijiji for $100-$140...given, that does include caging, etc, but it is steep. The problem is that many of these people probably spent close to $200 on the spider + caging, etc (at typically inflated petshop prices), and are, as curiousme suggested, attempting to recoup at least 50%-60% of their expenditure.

NikiP

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Buy it, change the bedding, put a reptile in it, put the spider elsewhere!

blackrayne

Arachnopeon
10 gallon tank with a lid $25
decor/hiding spots (3) $6-$45
water bowl $3
under tank heater $15-$25
clamp lamp with infrared heating bulb $30
thermometer and hygrometer $30

Total $109-$159 approximately + $20 for the rosea
Of course this would be for all new materials. A bit high but fair.
wow...where do you buy stuff scoolman?...tanks around here are $15, lids $8...i dont like under tank heating, heating bulbs are $15 at most for largest, and $8 or so for the lamp...the thermo/hygro meters come in packs for $10...water dish costs whatever a cheap saucer runs on sale...and hiding spots are like $2 for flower pots...dont have to go high end with everything, that way you can spend more on the spider, or more spiders, or more cages, or more food, or better housing for food...or any number of things...(besides who would keep and reuse substrate that might not be clean?...wouldnt want to pay for it either...and tank would have to be cleaned, but wouldnt keep the spider in that large of a tank anyways, so would rehouse it, thus dont need the tank either...as we all know, screen lids arent the best choice, so would have to do some tape work on that before its usable...if everyone is ok with paying $100 for a rose hair and some used stuff, thats cool...i thought it was a crazy price...

Stewjoe

Arachnosquire
Hahahahahahaha, you think that's expensive? Come to Canada and double all those prices.