Most entertaining....

tabor

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
and communal scorp...

I'm looking for scorp's that can live together and can take down large prey items such as mice... currently leaning towards H. spinifers but i would like to know if there are anymore options , cage size is no issue.

Thanks !

JungleGuts

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Theres no need to feed mice to any scorpion. Use feeder insects like crickets and roaches.

But for a large communal i was actually gonna suggest H. spinifers since there large, and more agressive than Emps:D There also pretty fun to watch together.

H. cyaneus

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
My H. cyaneus second instars are my favorite scorpions, they run around and make some very cool burrows.

Most Heterometrus are communal.

Mike

dragonvet

Arachnopeon
hi, as far as entertaining goes my new fascus is cool,he sits on his rock and just looks at me like he wants to get out and rip me one.compared to all my others he does circles arond his new enclosuretrying to climb the walls of his home and he can make some short work of a cricketwhen he gets bigger ill upgrade him to superworms.about the mouse thing i fed my cobalt blue tarantula and my emp a mouse and trust me dude u don't wanna clean up after that mess.any way they do great with creepy crawley any way.if u wanna fed a mouse to somthing get a big mamma king baboon.the one i hade was feed a mouse once every other month. she never left anything behind for me to clean up.be warned k.baboons hiss loud,louder than my cat. creepy,man ya know. well their is my 2 cents laters.

tabor

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
thanks for all the input =) was hopin for a few more but i guess i hit the nail on the head with the spins !

Xie

Arachnopeon
I've given my emp small mice. The mess wasn't horrible. For some odd reason it only eats the heads off of them???? Pinkies work better in my opinion though, My scorp has even eaten night crawlers. I have issues keeping crickets alive... But really any big bug I can catch I throw in there, small frogs and lizards. My Scorp has one hell of a varied diet, I haven't found anything she wont eat if its the appropriate size.

JungleGuts

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I've given my emp small mice. The mess wasn't horrible. For some odd reason it only eats the heads off of them???? Pinkies work better in my opinion though, My scorp has even eaten night crawlers. I have issues keeping crickets alive... But really any big bug I can catch I throw in there, small frogs and lizards. My Scorp has one hell of a varied diet, I haven't found anything she wont eat if its the appropriate size.
Exactly and whats the point of feeding a scorpion a mouse when it just eats the head anyway....seems like a waste to me purely for your "enjoyment" to watch. If people cant find entertainment in their scorpion without feeding it oversize prey then perhaps you should get another hobby. Crickets, roaches, and mealworms are the best choice for scorps...and a varity of other bugs. Lizzards, mammels, and frogs just seem totally unneccessary to me. Just my 2cents

~Abyss~

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I fed mine a pinkie a few time and it eats all of it. No mess either. I must admit it was kinda kool to watch too. But I really feed them mostly crix and whatever bugs I find around my house. We don't use insectcide.