Most docile tarantula???

rwfoss

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My two cents...

G. aureostriata - our seven inch female is absolutely awesome! Very docile, very friendly, no flicking.

E. campestratus - pet rock

A. chalcodes - absolute sweetheart who will come to the top of the tank when I take the top off and comes for a walk on my arm.

B. smithi - very sweet tarantula!!

GartenSpinnen

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
The nicest sweetest tarantula i have seen is my first tarantula, Scarlet, she is a B. Smithi and is absolutely sweet. She has never given me a threat display or anything, not even ever flicked a hair. She acts like she enjoys being handled and i have pics on here of her crawling on my face (not advised...). She is so sweet that my mom actually loves her!! And my mom hates all the rest of my tarantulas and scorpions so that is saying something!

MindUtopia

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Brachypelmas are notorious for kicking hairs. A G. aureostriata or E. campestratus would be a little bit better. Most of the avicularia are also pretty docile if you are open to an aboreal (though they like to climb all over you!). Our curly flicks hairs sometimes as well even though otherwise she isn't agressive, maybe just a little nervous and flighty sometimes.

Karen

YouLosePayUp

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
rwfoss said:
E. campestratus - pet rock

Wanna Trade lol?? I have an E. camp. that is one evil demon on 24/7 PMS. I can't even fill her water without her attacking the dropper(yes I said dropper she won't hesitate to TAG anything in her enclosure) This is her on a good day>> :evil:

DragonMaiden

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
IMO and my experience I would say G Rosea Chil rose hair T. I havent met one that was nasty. Some people swear B smithi Red knee T are sweet and docile. I have 1 who has an attitude. I do NOT handle her at all. She is very aggressive and lunges at the tank glass. My 2 Rosies are handled almost every day. They even come out when its time for a cleaning of the tank. No hassles with them. The key is if your going to handle them do it often. Let them get used to you. Unfortunately T's are like people, some can have a bad day and wig out on you. LOL Others are pretty much cool. As I said in short. Ck out the T before you buy her. Have the pet store attendant/clerk handle it. If it stays calm you'll prolly have a calm one. Good Luck!!

fscorpion

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Thank you all! I have followed your advices and I got 2 G. aureostriata and I must say I am really shocked! They are incredibly docile, calm and peaceful...she won't even react if I touch her...she is easy to handle and a real joy for me. I don't bother them often of course, but I just like to have such a nice and docile species...
Thanks again to everyone...

DragonMaiden said:
IMO and my experience I would say G Rosea Chil rose hair T. I havent met one that was nasty. Some people swear B smithi Red knee T are sweet and docile. I have 1 who has an attitude. I do NOT handle her at all. She is very aggressive and lunges at the tank glass. My 2 Rosies are handled almost every day. They even come out when its time for a cleaning of the tank. No hassles with them. The key is if your going to handle them do it often. Let them get used to you. Unfortunately T's are like people, some can have a bad day and wig out on you. LOL Others are pretty much cool. As I said in short. Ck out the T before you buy her. Have the pet store attendant/clerk handle it. If it stays calm you'll prolly have a calm one. Good Luck!!
Thanks for the advice, but I can only order by mail...there are no T. suppliers in my country :(

Last edited by a moderator:

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
fscorpion said:
Thank you all! I have followed your advices and I got 2 G. aureostriata and I must say I am really shocked! They are incredibly docile, calm and peaceful...she won't even react if I touch her...she is easy to handle and a real joy for me. I don't bother them often of course, but I just like to have such a nice and docile species...
Thanks again to everyone...
great choice!i love my chaco and its very docile.also has a big appetite,loves killing crickets haha.another bonus is they get huge.cant wait till mine matures