Most Common?

Acro

Aziz! Light!
Old Timer
Hey everyone,
It's been around 8 years since I've kept any arachnids. What are the current common and super easy to breed tarantulas? You know, the ones that sell for super cheap and that are often given away as freebies? Is it still Avicularia avicularia and OBTs? Please let me know what's stayed the same and what's new. ;)

Lucashank

Arachnosquire
Hey everyone,
It's been around 8 years since I've kept any arachnids. What are the current common and super easy to breed tarantulas? You know, the ones that sell for super cheap and that are often given away as freebies? Is it still Avicularia avicularia and OBTs? Please let me know what's stayed the same and what's new. ;)
From what I've seen around here, it's LPs and OBTs. But my knowledge on freebies and tarantula breeding is quite limited.

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
As far as cheap/freebie slings go:

B. albopilosum
G. pulchripes
L. parahybana
P. murinus
P. irminia
A. geniculata
B. vagans
A. chalcodes
N. incei "gold"

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Hey everyone,
Not much has changed actually, a few more new species on the freebie list at times.

What's changed the most is the increase in new species, and the increase in new Ts with blue on their body.

Acro

Aziz! Light!
Old Timer
Thanks for the lists!

What new spiders have blue on their body?!? :wideyed:

Trenor

Arachnoprince
I find that freebie slings change depending on what slings a lot of breeders have at the given moment. I've got everything from a B.vagans to a P.ornata sling as freebie slings.