Most cannibalistic Tarantula?

IronMaiden

Arachnopeon
Which Tarantula species do you think is most likely to munch on the male before or after a breeding attempt? I realize all species are capable but some are more likely than others?

I'm just asking to satisfy my morbid curiosity,

Liquifin

Arachnoking
Mostly the new worlds species are the partner aggressive/hungrier ones than the old worlds in my breeding experiences. Kind of weird saying that, since old worlds are usually considered the more venomous/defensive species of tarantulas.

Arachnophobphile

Arachnoangel
Mostly the new worlds species are the partner aggressive/hungrier ones than the old worlds in my breeding experiences. Kind of weird saying that, since old worlds are usually considered the more venomous/defensive species of tarantulas.
Based on this I'm only having relations with women outside the U.S.

Hey......it's similiar.

Update: I'm loving these dislikes.....and from members in the U.S. hmmmm........

Last edited:

Rigor Mortis

Arachnobaron
Aren't GBBs notorious for male-munching? Thought I remembered reading about the difficulty in breeding them due to that.

Matt Man

Arachnoprince
He looks like he's running for his life! 😂 Is that his enclosure on the right? I can't even see the substrate, pretty cool webbing.
That was his "Sperm Web" Bachelor Pad, and yes the substrate is completely hidden in web. That's in the bath tub and he had a quick exit to his safe haven. The camera foreshortening hides the fact that she is half again bigger than he is. She's a big girl