Most Beautiful Tarantula

FoxtheLviola

Arachnosquire
Lampropelma or Cyriopagunus
+1 L. violaceopes is the species that got me addicted to this hobby.

@Hipster OBT, Brachypelma boehmei common name is Mexican fireleg, red bloom bird-eater is the common name for Pamphobeteus vespertinus. Just so you know. :)

arachnofab

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
1 - M. balfouri
2 - P. met
3 - P. cambridgei or pulcher
4 - don't like em too big
5 - too many to choose from

Litoria

Arachnopeon
My fav is A. geniculata and brocklehursti :)

The preferences here in Hungary:
  1. most rare - All Aphonopelmas and G. pulchra... everyone is only aiming for the "brand new & hot" species :o_O:
  2. most sought after - maybe G. pulchra females, P. metallica and T. blondi
  3. most beautiful - Typochlaena seladonia (I'm hoping that T. costae will be in the hobby soon), P. irminia and P. metallica
  4. color - people like really colorful Ts more
  5. size - most of us likes it big :D

sjl197

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Most beautiful,

First i saw in the wild, many years ago, Acanthoscurria antillensis

Not beautiful, all those new 'Avicularia's that are soon to be illegally smuggled out of Brasil for the pettrade.

parslegacy

Arachnopeon
for me every tarantula is unique on their own special way,important is on how you properly care for them..in that way, you will see its true beauty for many years :)

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
there are far too many beautiful ts to label just one

I love COLOR as much as the next guy, but i really dig the subtle caramel colors on a P. subfusca LL and i also really like my C. ritae. (wish < got the size and the bulk of Lp)

brezo

Arachnosquire
The most beautifull tarantulas in my opinion are h. maculata(the white wins the day), and p. metallica(the blue wins the day) ,... females ofcourse :)

Tarac

Arachnolord
I like Pokies and Pamphos the best personally. Giant velvety, subtly irridescent Pamphos are so beautiful. Pokies are like living tapestries. Cyriocosmus are quite beautiful as well. Some of the Brachys are classics for obvious reasons besides their ease of care- my auratum might be a top pick for me if she didn't always have that unsightly bald spot from constantly kicking hairs for no apparent reason. Hard to pick just one.

Spiderkid

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hmmmm....female P. irminia look awesome, the contrast between the black background and orange markings is stunning :D

jim777

Arachnosquire
Two whole pages and NO ONE has said Iridopelma seladonium yet? I think that's a record ;)

concrete

Arachnosquire
I haven't seen everything out there but my favorites are pretty much any Avics, especially at baby stages. Outside of that, I just got a Psalmopoeus langenbucheri and that's a stunning, underrated spider. The pictures definitely don't do it justice, it has to be seen up close and personal.

jen650s

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Is there one? Even the "boring" brown Ts are beautiful in my eyes...

Merfolk

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Beauties:

P metallica
A versicolor
A diversipes
GBB
C fasciatum
L violaceopes
B bohemei
A geniculata
I selanodium

My escape artist : P rufilata!

VictorHernandez

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I like the Poecilotheria metallica. Brachypelma smithi and Aphonopelma mojave are liked as well.

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I'd have to say Megaphobema mesomelas is the winner for me. C. ritae would probably win if it were a few inches larger.

FearNot

Arachnosquire
P.regalis....I want one SOOOOOOOO SO bad, but I'm a little weary of buying an OW arboreal, since the only tarantula I owe is a G.rosea XD It seems like it'd be a quick change.