Most aggressive T?

Scorpionking20

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
First off...NO! This is not a handling thread, or a thread to do with humans whatsoever. So lets not get off subject and let this thread get ruined.

Now, what I'm using the word aggressive for is a tarantula's mentality to chase down food. :) You know...chasing food, immediate response time when you throw a roach in, tackling the prey and slamming into the side of the enclosure, you know!

Anyways...I'm going to give my vote to my largest LP. Haven't sexed it yet, so it's an it. Anyways, the past 3 or 4 times I've fed it, the LP sprints towards the prey, tackles it like Ray Lewis in his prime, and slams into the side of the tank with an audible thunk. It's pretty cool.

Feel free to share your' thoughts, experiences, and stories!

LV-426

Arachnobaron
Phormictopus cancerides, mine killed 9 crickets, then proceded to store them like a serial killer only to consume them later

DrJ

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Tarantulas aren't really known to be good throwers. In fact, I've never seen one T throw anything. I'd like to see a youtube video of this. lol.

In this case, I think you should specify "food aggression". Otherwise, you set yourself up for a lot of "tarantulas are NOT aggressive" posts.

As far as the best, most reliable feeders? I'd have to give that prize to the Pterinochilus murinus. They make me feel like a good arachnodad. :D

curiousme

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I see, we're talking prey aggression. :) That would be our P. cambridgei hands down. She is fast and fierce when food is around.

curiousme

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
In this case, I think you should specify "food aggression". Otherwise, you set yourself up for a lot of "tarantulas are NOT aggressive" posts.
Yep, but then hopefully they read the rest of the post and don't. Prey aggression would have been a more suitable title perhaps? ;)

As far as the best, most reliable feeders? I'd have to give that prize to the Pterinochilus murinus. They make me feel like a good arachnodad. :D
I wish I could say that of ours, but it just isn't. It won't take more than one at a time and and is almost hesitant when it nabs prey.:rolleyes:

DrJ

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I wish I could say that of ours, but it just isn't. It won't take more than one at a time and and is almost hesitant when it nabs prey.:rolleyes:
That's too bad. It's also weird. Out of the 20 or so P. murinus I've had (I know, not a ton, but a suitable amount) they were/are always grateful eaters. Very thankful for their food.

jdmjames

Arachnopeon
probably not the most agressive eaters, but definatley very agressive, my avic. versicolor sling. its about 1/4 inch and it doesnt not eat pinheads or even small crickets. it likes mediums lol, 1/2inch crickets. and its a fightt. it jumps on them and they wrestle til the cricket dies then she takes it to her tunnel web and feast. this is 3 times a week, you hear it tap the walls when it hits them in her enclosure lol its crazyy i love it. :D

RudeMania

Arachnopeon
one very interesting T that i personally feelhas the mentality of a psychopath when it comes to eating is Acanthoscurria Chacoana. Though one of the smaller of the species, my girl does not hesitate to pounce on ANYTHING that enters her enclosure. Even more so than my Pterinochilus murinus. Very sweet and underestimated tarantula :p

AprilH

Petridish
Old Timer
I'll go with P. cancerides. Mine sometimes pull back so fast when they grab roaches that they end up on their backs. :D

DawgPoundSound

Arachnopeon
Both of my adult G. Rosea females. They are beasts when it comes to eating plain and simple. And have attacked the tongs and water dish when being removed as well.

skippy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
any of my pamphobeteus sp eat more than anything else i own... they're animals i tell you!

Lorum

Arachnosquire
My 4 inch Brachypelma smithi female is a great hunter... sometimes she is just so "eager" to catch food that she rolls over herself, hehe.

LisaD

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My GBB will immediately attack prey of just about any size, and I've seen it jam 2-4 crickets at once in its jaws. S/he is about 3-3.5". Got the sling at 0.75" in January of this year.

LeilaNami

Arachnoking
Old Timer
My Haplopelma sp. will kill all the crickets immediately by slamming them into the side of the enclosure and then proceed to carry all of them into her burrow at one time.

Vespula

Arachnodemon
All of mine are great eaters, but my B. vagans is the queen of them all. She'll rear up and snag the cricket in mid-air! She's a little beast!

Motorkar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
My vote goes to my P. cambridgei sling. S/he jumps from the top op the container to the very bottom where superworm twice his size is! It just jumps it without fear, backs up, does again and does that about 3-5 times so that pray is dead and eats it. It even digs it out of the substrate if it dugs itself!:cool:

AbraCadaver

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Mine would be my G.pulchra, actually. He does some amazing flips and jumps when he's hunting, he really is precious!