Most active scorpion?

Aztek

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I tried searching, everyone who wanted an active scorpion had something they wanted along with it, colorfull, small, humidty, etc.

But without any of those factors... what's the most active?

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
It depends......
Any can be active when they are hungry but none will be when they have had plenty to eat. Typically an enclosure with several individuals is more exciting than keeping just 1 or 2

Thiscordia

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Personaly i would say one of my most active scorpions are the H. arizonensis they keep digging 24/7 sometimes even the day.

-.Raul

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
A scorpion that stays active all the time is usually stressed. If your scorps hide all the time then you are doing something right.

Thiscordia

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
A scorpion that stays active all the time is usually stressed. If your scorps hide all the time then you are doing something right.
But they have plenty of hides and burrows?
I have 4" of dry compact sand i wet it first let it dry then started a little burrow and they dig all the way down?
I dn't get it ? But aout of the 4 they are 2 that stay in their burrows too and the other 2 are the ones are always active?

~Abyss~

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Aztek, if your looking for active your really not going to like that H.paucidens. But the most active scorps I got are my C.vit. and L.quint.

Aztek

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Free is free, so no complains there.

Watching them eat is cool anyways.

hadrurus 666

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My H.Spadix does stay in his burrow all day, but when he comes out at night he digs for hours and spends the rest of the time looking for food, hes not even that bothered when i switch the light on, just stops what hes doing for a couple of seconds and then carries on with his activities.

Rigelus

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My Scorpio maurus fuscus are allways out and about...Just give them a shaded spot.

JPD

Arachnobaron
Old Timer

That's good to know. Being relatively new to the scorpion side of things, I always thought that mine must be sickly because they don't move around too much. My scorpions will be happy now that I will no longer feel the need to prod them with the tweezers:)

JPD

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
But they have plenty of hides and burrows?
I have 4" of dry compact sand i wet it first let it dry then started a little burrow and they dig all the way down?
I read somewhere that H.arizonensis will burrow several feet down if given the opportunity.

JSN

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
all my Vaejovids are way active, even in the morning they are still out n' about...and my Hadrurus are alway out digging away, come to think of it, most of my scorps are pretty active except for my P. imperator, hahah...

Bayushi

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I've found that a hungry H hottentotta is an extremely active scorp.... it's also a very grumpy one as well