Moss in Millipede Tanks?

ArtisticAardwolf

Arachnosquire
Okay so, before the year ends I want to do a big redesign for my Florida Ivory Millipede habitat. Ideally it would be a planted tank, but I know of no plant that can coexist with my millipedes... Then I thought, what about moss? I don't mean just sphagnum moss, but other variates as well.

Has anyone here had any experience with this sort of thing? Is it possible? If so, what kind of moss is ideal? Anything else I should know?

Arthroverts

Arachnoking
Most temperate mosses melt in terrariums; if they survive they still need a good deal of light, which may cause your specimens to become more reclusive.
Many moss varieties are also consumed quickly by both millipedes and isopods, and will not last very long; some species, such as Glomeris millipedes, even need the soil created by moss to feed on for long-term survivability, which invariably kills the moss. While this may not be true of C. spinigerus, I still wouldn't expect most mosses to do well with millipedes.

@BepopCola is familiar with other plants in millipede terrariums however.

Thanks,

Arthroverts

BepopCola

Arachnobaron
Most temperate mosses melt in terrariums; if they survive they still need a good deal of light, which may cause your specimens to become more reclusive.
Many moss varieties are also consumed quickly by both millipedes and isopods, and will not last very long; some species, such as Glomeris millipedes, even need the soil created by moss to feed on for long-term survivability, which invariably kills the moss. While this may not be true of C. spinigerus, I still wouldn't expect most mosses to do well with millipedes.

@BepopCola is familiar with other plants in millipede terrariums however.

Thanks,

Arthroverts
I haven't been able to find the right balance for moss either. It always dies or gets eaten. I'm a moss murderer.

In my experience:
My favorite plants for ivories have been some Dracaena spp. (image attached) and Sansevieria spp. (these'll need to be mounted or lightly buried atop deep substrate).
I've recently been trying different pothos (Epipremnum aureum) and they've done pretty well.

Bromeliads can also work, and Peace Lillies work to some extent, leaves will get nibbled at.
Philodendron, Syngonium, Begonia, and Ferns will get eaten or killed by ivories.

Attachments

ArtisticAardwolf

Arachnosquire
I haven't been able to find the right balance for moss either. It always dies or gets eaten. I'm a moss murderer.

In my experience:
My favorite plants for ivories have been some Dracaena spp. (image attached) and Sansevieria spp. (these'll need to be mounted or lightly buried atop deep substrate).
I've recently been trying different pothos (Epipremnum aureum) and they've done pretty well.

Bromeliads can also work, and Peace Lillies work to some extent, leaves will get nibbled at.
Philodendron, Syngonium, Begonia, and Ferns will get eaten or killed by ivories.
Awesome, I'll look into some of these!