More...

Stella Maris

Arachnoknight
I just want more and more tarantulas. My parents don't understand my obsession and neither do people I work with. Unfortunately my finances are very very tight right now, so no more tarantulas.

They think I still only have 3 tarantulas but I have 7 now. I had one co-worker annoyingly comment that I'm "hoarding" spiders...like who cares what I spend my money on in my personal time? He should go buy a dog that smells and eats its own poop. I would prefer being around my cute, fuzzy, and silent crawly friends.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
One of the things to say (in regard of finances) is that T's in general are cheap, unless of course someone decide to opt for certain genus/species that in general are, and always were, priced. Nor they come in 'limited editions'. Bit of solace, uh.

As far as other people (not family members) are concerned likes co-workers etc I fail to realize why the opinion of a complete stranger about something should bother someone.

Oh well, it's a bad habit of certain people... Nevada desert after all is full of bones and skulls belonging to those that "asked too much questions" or were too "curious" :-s

Goodlukwitthat

Arachnoknight
Look on the bright side, you could be buying drugs....but then again...tarantulas are drugs...so nvm XD

Stella Maris

Arachnoknight
Mostly everyone I know do not bother to try to understand arachnoculture, even after I explain my tarantulas to them. Just about everyone I know "hates" arachnids or anything with more than 4 limbs. No amount of me explaining or educating tarantulas to specific People is going to change their minds; sadly some people are just set in their ways.

So those who don't understand can't comprehend why I want more species.:wacky:

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
Mostly everyone I know do not bother to try to understand arachnoculture, even after I explain my tarantulas to them. Just about everyone I know "hates" arachnids or anything with more than 4 limbs. No amount of me explaining or educating tarantulas to specific People is going to change their minds; sadly some people are just set in their ways.
thats why i dont even bother anymore, they can come to me if theyre interested.