More waterbug photos.

dtknow

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Took these two of a hungry Abedus herberti striking at the camera through the plastic and thought I would share.

Scorp guy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
NICE!!! could you please post a picture or two of the entire enclosure? i have only 3 right now...and am trying to perfect their cage as much as possible. thanks for sharing!!

nepenthes

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I would like to put These guys in my fish tank How big are they? I would love if they ate the baby guppies and maybe even the friggin adult guppies!

You guys know what its like if you have male and female guppies :mad:

arachnocat

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Cool pics! I had to separate my belastoma sp. They started eating eachother. :(
There was plenty of food in the tank they're just more cannibalisitic than the abedus I guess.
I feed mine guppies. The funny thing is they will only eat the guppies that are the same size or larger than they are (not the babies). They do manage to eat most of it though. I took this pic this morning.

They're pretty amazing. I'm hoping to get some waterscorpions pretty soon (Nepa sp.) as soon as I find more info on them. I just ordered the Assassin/Waterbug book :)

loxoscelesfear

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
toe biter

i have found the smaller species @ pond edges but have never found the big 2 inch monsters although i know other folks who find them at lights on occasion

nepenthes

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
looks like a underwater mantid crossed with an assassin bug!

buthus

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
So sorry i missed this thread ...I saw it and meant to post, but my mind is slipping. :D

arachnocat, is that the belastoma specie you mentioned that Carolina Biological has in stock?
That thing has some cool looking eyes. :D Looks like a cool bug to keep ...the very least to compare to my Abedus.

Brian, is that a field photo or have you kept Ranatra?

Hey...I cant believe it, but I just scored a nice 60 gallon tank ...for free! Neighbor set it out by the street because he is moving and couldnt deal with it.
He saw me eyeing it and came out to tell me except for the ugly plastic corner molding coming loose, it is in perfect shape and holds water. Havent cleaned it up yet... hope its not to scratched up.
I got some plans for it... :cool: