More handmade arboreal enclosures

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Thanks. I do prefer to minimize the possibility of an escape while rehousing as much as possible. Used the bag method, once, didn't go as well as some videos I watched. MO, I've more control in this manner, plus they are reusable.
Tye wraps just keep things from falling over accidentally if the enclosure is moved during feeding. I can be clumsy at times.
Almost have the small L. australasiae enclosures finished from the scrap piece. Just need to pick up another latch and I'll be ready for that rehousing too. Small 4"X2.5"X2.5", they'll only reach an 1" as adults.
Pics are easy to post and worth 1K words. I do have some videos of grooming, feeding and Ts molting, just don't know how to post those. So pictures will need to suffice.
I've used the bag method and haven't had a problem yet. Most of the Ts transferred were under 5" DLS. What happened w/you?

Are those Aussie's more venomous than most scorps, except the Deathstalker I believe. Seems like most everything is down there though hah.

Red Eunice

Arachnodemon
I've used the bag method and haven't had a problem yet. Most of the Ts transferred were under 5" DLS. What happened w/you?

Are those Aussie's more venomous than most scorps, except the Deathstalker I believe. Seems like most everything is down there though hah.
Short story, my fault for not using a bag large enough to close the doors while inside. It resulted in a lost T. With a stack of tablet back cardboard, fabricated walkways, nudge them through the vent holes. My only method for arboreal rehousings now.

Liocheles australasiae venom is, from what I've read, is low. @gromgrom can shed more accurate info on their toxicity level. My only dwarf species and like them more each time I feed them.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Short story, my fault for not using a bag large enough to close the doors while inside. It resulted in a lost T. With a stack of tablet back cardboard, fabricated walkways, nudge them through the vent holes. My only method for arboreal rehousings now.

Liocheles australasiae venom is, from what I've read, is low. @gromgrom can shed more accurate info on their toxicity level. My only dwarf species and like them more each time I feed them.
I did not know there were dwarf species of scorps. I've never owned any so my knowledge on them is basic.

gromgrom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer

Never been tagged! Theyre so docile I wonder if it's possible! :D