More eggs dropping...pic...

Phillip

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Finally after thinking she was fighting to see how long she could hold them in :) My light colored female Greyband has started to lay. 3 so far and judging by the bulge left I'm going to guess probably 8 or 9 when it's all said and done. She's taking her sweet time about it though as it's been 2 hours since I found the three eggs and the fourth has yet to come. Oh well can't really blame her for not rushing don't guess I'd be pushing too hard either. lol enjoy

Phil

Brandon

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Phil,
Very Very awsome, do you know much about breeding king snakes? I have an Arizona Mountain King I would like to give a shot at(asumming I can catch a male) however it never hurts to learn.

Sincerely,

Brandon

Phillip

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I have bred a few kings here and there :)

It really depends on your definition of a lot of knowledge but yes I have been into kings for many moons. Still even folks who claim to know everything about them still are surprised from time to time such as with my Greybands that dropped eggs on the 17th which according to many of the self proclaimed Alterna experts doesn't happen that soon. Pretty much even though the snake hobby is far further along than the Ts are there is still a lot to be learned. But yes I get by just fine. :)

Arizona kings are a fantastic looking species and aren't too tough to breed either. The do have a downside however that being small babies that are usually determined lizard feeders. If you have access to lots of skinks, fence swifts, and or anoles then they aren't that bad but for ease of hatching and feeding Cal kings or even Florida and speckled kings are easier to get going on mice. But then I can't be down on the Arizona kings really seeing as how I'm doing Alterna which are notoriously hard to get feeding. lol

Phil

Brandon

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Well, in that case I do have allot of lizards, and its a trip off to rim counrty looking for more(wish me luck ill need it) Thanks for your tips.

Sincerely,

Brandon

Phillip

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
might have mislead ya...

Just wanted to clear up that you don't always have to feed lizards but can use them to scent pinks as well until they start feeding on pinks by themselves. Still some are problematic feeders at best but many can be switched from lizards to scented pinks and then straight pinks with a bit of effort so it is far from impossible. It just takes more effort than say Gophers and Corns or Cal kings.

Phil

Brandon

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Well, putting in the effert would not be a problem as I have done this before in the pet store I used to work at. BTW how many eggs did your female lay?

Sincerely,

Brandon

Phillip

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
had some probs with this one...

1st female dropped 9 perfect eggs. This one however went through egg laying hell. She dropped 7 over the course of 3 and a half days and I had to aspirate the 8th one. Not expecting this clutch to be good with the exception of a couple of them but hey can't complain already sitting on 9 with the female from that clutch already fattening up again and receptive to breeding once more so I might get a 2nd clutch from her still.

Phil