• The Review forums are closed to new reviews.

Please use our new Reviews & Reports section to leave reviews.

Information on how to use our new Reviews section can be found in our Tutorials forum.

Mook

Mack&Cass

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
We got an awesome deal on two female Ts from Gerry and the shipping process was a nightmare. The courier company didn't put a waybill on the box so it was stuck in a holding facility for 10 days. Gerry was super helpful with contacting the courier company to see where our package was and he kept in constant contact with us, and was understanding when I was freaking out and stressed. When we finally got the package I was worried I was going to open it to dead Ts but fortunately both girls were perfectly fine and were both downright gorgeous and healthy. If they hadn't been packed as well as they had they might not have made it.

Gerry even included a really nice note in the box for us and not only do we consider him to be a great seller, but also a really good friend.

Thank you so much Gerry for everything you did over this past week for us.

Cassandra and Mackenzie

Mack&Cass

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Well, just an update on my previous review. Looks like we were a little too quick when it came to trusting Gerry.
We are currently selling off our collection, and part of our collection was the aforementioned X. immanis "female". We had someone prepay for it, but we were holding her for shipping while we waited for the rest of the funds. In this time it molted, and we had seen it on its back but didn't check on it in a few days to just give it some time. Well, Mackenzie went to check on it and much to his surprise, it was a beautiful mature male. We contacted the person who prepaid for him, refunded them, and then contacted Gerry through PM on here, which I sent on February 22. Here is the PM I sent:

Hi Gerry,
So that X. immanis you sold us just molted...and is now a mature male. I can send pictures if you'd like, but I would appreciate a refund, as you've probably seen we're selling our collection and I have already had someone prepay for her...or, him I guess who I now have to refund.
If you can get back to me ASAP that'd be great.
Cass

I then went to his profile and noticed that he hadn't been on here since the end of December, so I just shot him a quick note on his facebook wall telling him to check his PMs as I noticed he hadn't been online in sometime, and I mentioned that the immanis molted out a mature male and I would like to get in contact with him. Fast forward to February 24, when I sent this email:

Hi Gerry,

Sorry to keep bothering you but I would really like to get this issue straightened out, especially since we are relying on the money we make selling our tarantulas for moving in a couple of months, and we just had to refund someone $X because he matured out male. I would really appreciate if you contacted me back as soon as possible. I realize mistakes happen but I would really like this issue dealt with.

Cass

Still, no response. On the 2nd of March I came on here and noticed that he had been online since I sent the PM. I then went on his Facebook and saw he had been on there since I posted on his wall. So, I posted on his wall again asking him to please get in touch with me. On March 6 I went on Facebook again to see if he had been online, and noticed he removed me as a friend, which to me, and everyone I've asked about this situation, is a clear sign that he is deliberately trying to avoid me about this. If it had been an honest mistake, he would have contacted me about this, especially since it was obvious he had gotten my previous messages, and is now taking steps to avoid me. So, I sent him the same message on here, email and Facebook (for those of you not Facebook-savvy, you can still message someone without having to be friends with them):

Hi Gerry,
So I noticed that you defriended me on Facebook and your lack of communication with me is really starting to make me think you did this on purpose. You know, I really trusted you and thought you were a nice guy and you go and screw me over.
You have until Wednesday to contact me, and if you don't I will post a warning about you in the Canadian section on here. I realize you're no longer in the hobby, but this will certainly hurt your standing, and will secure that no one does business with you in the future. I will make sure everyone knows about this.
Too bad it had to happen like this.
Cass

I have since learned I should post it here and not in the Canadian section, which is what I'm doing. So, Wednesday (March 9) morning I get a Facebook message and email from Gerry saying he will send me a response later that night. At 8:52pm I get a PM on here from him saying this:

Scammer no not at all.
Why did it take 6 months for you to tell me this is a supposed male ?
Also I have all my original emails on this purchase. I got it from a biologist in Germany that I have dealt with a few times. I do not know how to sex them as well. I only purchased females. I bought it as a female.
Do you want me to send you all the emails?
For all I know you could just say it is a male as well.

Now, as (I hope) most of you know, a 6" X. immanis doesn't molt very often, and the spider didn't eat once with us, so he was in premolt since we got him on August 12. We also didn't think to check ventrally, as when something is sold as a female, usually it actually is a female. Plus, ventral sexing is never 100%. Also, as you can see in my previous messages, I stated that the X. immanis was a mature male, so I really can't lie about physical signs on a spider. Here was my response (sent at 8:56pm that night) :

I can send you pictures of him. He has tibial hooks and all. The reason we didn't know it was male before was because
1. It was sold to us as female, by you
2. This is it's first molt in our care
3. We didn't ever get a ventral look, because we trusted you when you said it was a female.
If you don't know how to sex well, then you shouldn't sell something as a female. If he was sold to you as female, then you need to contact this biologist you got it from and get your money back, because he certainly isn't. If it was such an honest mistake then why are you deliberately avoiding us? We would like a refund on him, since he was sold as female, we bought him as female, but now it is glaringly obvious that it is not a female.
Cassandra

I then sent pictures at 9:19pm, here's my PM, complete with the pictures:

Here are the pictures showing that he is obviously a mature male.

There you have it, the X. immanis you sold as female, with emboli and tibial spurs. If I don't hear back from you by the end of the night, and if this doesn't end with us getting our money back, then I will be a posting a negative review. If you bought it as a female then it's you should be just as *different word for mad* as us, and you should be contacting your German breeder and getting your money back as well.
Cassandra

Still, no response that night. I gave him the benefit of the doubt, knowing it was late and didn't post anything that night. The next day, I still hadn't gotten anything, so I sent this email:

Just so you know, a PM on Arachnoboards essentially calling me a liar does not count as prevention for a negative review....resolving this issue counts as prevention, which, considering I haven't even gotten a reply from you, I can say the issue has not been resolved. If we do not get our money back, or come to some other sort of solution by Sunday night, I will post it. This requires you to keep in contact with me.
Cassandra

I sent this email yesterday after seeing he was on AB on Friday, therefore knowing he saw the pictures of the male:

Just a reminder that I will be posting a very negative review tomorrow night if this issue doesn't get resolved. Not just if I get a message calling me a liar. If this issue does not get solved by tomorrow night, as in we don't get our money back, I will post it. I'm not going to accept another pointless message just so you can postpone it. I saw you were on Arachnoboards yesterday so I know you got and saw the pictures I sent of the X. immanis. There's no reason this whole thing should be taking this long if it was truly an honest mistake.

Cass

So Sunday evening I get an email from him...last minute, again. Here it is:

I just talked to the person who sold me this. He is confrirming that this was a female time and time again to me. He is blasting me for calling him out on this.
As of this moment I cannot refund you at time. How much did you pay me for these as I cannot find the emails ? I can refund in a few weeks 50% of the cost of the immanis if that is o.k. with you.

Here was my reply:

Feel free to send him the pictures I sent you. That's not my problem that he is "blasting you". My problem is we didn't get what we paid for, which was a female X. immanis, and we paid $X. And no, getting a 50% refund from you in a few weeks is not okay. Maybe if you would have contacted me right away two weeks ago I would have been okay with that. I want a full refund, I can even send him back to you, we have no use for him, and neither does anyone in this country. I also know, considering your recent track record, that we're not going to get a refund in a few weeks, it will take me threatening to post a negative review again to actually get it from you.

Either we get the full amount tonight or it's going up. I gave you more than enough time to make this right, and it's not my fault that the guy you got it from is being difficult, or that you waited until the last minute to contact me.

Cass

So, here we are...Sunday night...no money. I strongly discourage buying anything from him if he ever gets back into the hobby. He was such a nice guy in the beginning, when he was the one getting the money, and now that this has happened, he's completely different. If it truly was a mistake, he should have refunded us and then contacted the person he got it from to get his money back as well, whether that person believed him or not then becomes his problem, not ours. You also do not deliberately avoid someone if it was just a mistake. I realize he offered a solution, however he had plenty of time to contact me about this before. I honestly would have accepted that offer had he contacted me the first few times I messaged him about it, and before I threatened to write a negative review, and before he called me a liar about it. It’s obvious that had I not threatened him, he never would have contacted me. I truly believe that if I did agree to 50% in a couple of weeks, that I wouldn’t get it until I threatened him for a third time. I think it’s just a way for him to postpone this even longer. It’s such a headache, and I’m done with it at this point. It’s not even the money, it’s the principle and I really hope that every Canadian sees this and that no one will buy from him again, as he is the greatest person when the money is going to him, but when there’s a problem, good luck getting a hold of him. The fault is totally on him, I gave him the time to fix it, and I contacted him multiple times through multiple avenues. All the messages, both mine and his are completely unedited, except for one minor expletive and the dollar amounts, as per the rules.

Cassandra