Moogerah Peaks National Park - Some finds!

Staehilomyces

Arachnoprince
So, I spent the last four days at Moogerah Peaks National Park on school camp. Here's some of the inverts I found!

Allothereua maculata, Australia's most common scutigeromorph centipede. This one was under a fallen piece of bark, and was surprisingly cooperative when it came to photography.
DSCN3520.JPG DSCN3544.JPG

This Hormurus sp. (possibly H. waigiensis) was found at the very summit of Mt Greville, the tallest of the mountains in the area. I found several of these along the hike up the mountain, but this is by far the best photograph I got of one.
DSCN3632 (2).JPG

A very large Nephila edulis, also at the summit of Mt Greville, mere metres away from where the scorpion was found.
DSCN3624.JPG

Rhysida nuda, a small but colorful centipede (these pics do it very limited justice). This one was under a rock just before the entrance to the Mt Greville trail. I found another by a creek at our campsite, but it got away.
DSCN3570 (2).JPG
DSCN3578 (3).JPG

A reasonably large huntsman, Heteropoda jugulans, found under the same rock as the R. nuda.
DSCN3560 (3).JPG

Another huntsman, possibly Neosparassus sp. found under a log at our campsite.
DSCN3498 (2).JPG

A flighty but photogenic mantid, Sphodropoda tristis. This one was found back at the camp resort after our return from the camp-out in the bush.
DSCN3663.JPG

chanda

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Wow - what amazing pictures! Thanks for sharing!

RezonantVoid

Hollow Knight
Awesome man! Great to see some Aussie inverts. Going on a trip near Armidale NSW tomorrow to document the population of a U.Manicatus colony ive been monitoring over a few years and hope I'll see as many things as you found!