Monocentropus lambertoni

korg

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
6" adult female Monocentropus lambertoni. It's a medium sized tarantula with great bulky Eumenophorinae body structure. Named after French scientist Charles Lamberton, currently the only species in the hobby native to Madagascar. These are absolutely beautiful and unique spiders!

creepa

Arachnoknight
I had a big breeding group of these in the past...
Absolutely my favorite baboon species!!

korg

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I had a big breeding group of these in the past...
Absolutely my favorite baboon species!!
Mine as well. Do you still keep them? In the US it seems they are unfortunately rare.

creepa

Arachnoknight
Mine as well. Do you still keep them? In the US it seems they are unfortunately rare.
Sadly i dont have them anymore and like Kezy said there pretty rare here to...

korg

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Sadly i dont have them anymore and like Kezy said there pretty rare here to...
Hopefully there are still a few more slings/juvies being raised up out there... The one pictured was imported several years ago as an adult so is possibly 10+ years old at this point. Would be great to get a chance to breed her before she's gone.

Angel Minkov

Arachnobaron
What we call lambertoni in the hobby isn't the real lambertoni. Nevertheless, beautiful spiders, whatever they are.

korg

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
What we call lambertoni in the hobby isn't the real lambertoni. Nevertheless, beautiful spiders, whatever they are.
Indeed! I know there are other respected and informed members of our community who share that view. This spider is the "hobby lambertoni" until someone clears it all up.