Mombassa Starburst Agressiveness?

George!

Arachnopeon
Does anyone have alot of experience with Mombassa Starburst (Pterinochilus murinus)?

If so how agressive would you put them as because I found an offer for 3 slings for £12.95 and ive got 3 spare sling set-ups and was just wondering if I will be able to cope when they are grown on.

Gigas

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
They can get pretty aggresive, but as long as you understand to take care around it, don't stroke it etc i'm sure you can cope.

George!

Arachnopeon
So on if you were to rate them would you say they are the same sorta temperament as a pokie cause that i can deal with.

I see that you dont live too far away from me just wondered where you tend to get your equipment and T's.

Gigas

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I get absolutely everything off the web :) except my live food which I breed my self.

Pokies aren't aggressive but are very skittish, Pterinochillus are aggressive/deffensive, on a scale i'd say pokies are a 2 out of 5 for likely hood to threat pose where as Pterinochilus are a 4 out of 5, deffinately something to be admired fro a distance ;).
They also web heavily so not a good display T but an excellent invert non the less.

kitty_b

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
they're fast and very defensive. but they're also beautiful and a pleasure to own as long as you respect them. very hardy critters! {D

i had a large one years ago... i may have to pick up some slings to keep me on my toes.

cheetah13mo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
You gotta get at least one. Easiest T to take care of in my book. Enjoy it but those extra little precautions and you'll be fine.

George!

Arachnopeon
Hmm ok i think i mite go for it then seeing as it seems like a good deal and i have the space :) wish me luck.

Nerri1029

Chief Cook n Bottlewasher
Old Timer
Get them, I have several .. and would imagine if you are ok with poeci's you should have the skills for these.

they are IMO, beautiful and as was said VERY easy to care for..

Arachno~Raver

Arachnopeon
i have a young P. Murinus and it runs and hides or flips on its back rather than show eny threat pose i suppose it might get braver with age tho:D

Bothrops

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Definately, you should buy them! :D

They are very interesting, and so beautiful! It's one of my favorite species!

spid142

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
got one

Just got a murinus myself, and instead of the promised 1-inch sling, I got a nearly 2 inch by mistake or otherwise. Just picked the T up today, they are pretty Ts.

GartenSpinnen

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Oh man are you in for an adventure! They can be a handful sometimes, but mostly trouble come in when you have to rehouse them or something along those lines, otherwise give them a good hide and you will barely see them :)

fartkowski

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
i just got mine about a month ago and i think i'll get another
they really have a interesting personality
mine hasn't shown any agressiveness yet but it's still early
wow they really are a great looking T

spid142

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
already webbing

Overnite, mine is already busing making webbing in her selected corner. She came in somewhat dehydrated, so ive given her drops of water and she drank, so looks like she'll settle in ok. Course, once settled, she might be a holy terror:D

spid142

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
rehoused

The rehousing move from the deli-cup she came in to her home went smoothly.