Mom, hopefully. Please? Thanks 😊

Veno Manus

Arachnobaron
Crossing my fingers she's gravid and produces the finest younglings!! She is my all time hands down most spoiled and favorite scorpion. What is your favorite? What makes it?

Emperors have this power about them (obviously), they carry their weight well and show it. One of the hardiest scorpions on the planet and definitely one of the strongest. The true king/queen of the scorpion fleet. 20230524_075245.jpg 20230526_120647.jpg

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
Do these do well room temperature? I swore pet stores used to carry them locally but all stopped here. I had one once but it was a very old male didn’t live long by the time I got it . They sure get huge !

Outpost31Survivor

Arachnoprince
Do these do well room temperature? I swore pet stores used to carry them locally but all stopped here. I had one once but it was a very old male didn’t live long by the time I got it . They sure get huge !
They do best at 75F-85F year round. Being ectothermic you are promoting a healthy metabolism. They are fossorial so provide them a deep substrate 4"-6" minimum. Also, they have a much higher transpiration (water loss) rate than semi-arid and arid species. The higher the temps they are kept at the quicker the rate of their transpiration. This is easily remedied by keeping the deep substrate 100% moist (clumpy but not drippy, moist but not drenched). Imagine the substrate as basically a 100% fail proof biodome. And keep the waterdish always full.

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
They do best at 75F-85F year round. Being ectothermic you are promoting a healthy metabolism. They are fossorial so provide them a deep substrate 4"-6" minimum. Also, they have a much higher transpiration (water loss) rate than semi-arid and arid species. The higher the temps they are kept at the quicker the rate of their transpiration. This is easily remedied by keeping the deep substrate 100% moist (clumpy but not drippy, moist but not drenched). Imagine the substrate as basically a 100% fail proof biodome. And keep the waterdish always full.
What do you heat them with? Hmm , I also need to find better mats eventually for my dubia/orange roaches but I’m lost . Don’t want to spend a lot looked at amazon overwhelmed too many options. I keep Ts , maybe I can look into other stuff like scorpions again . Just trying to get an idea how hard keeping them are , mine was so old a rescue but I bet it would had lasted longer If I had kept it wetter.

Outpost31Survivor

Arachnoprince
What do you heat them with? Hmm , I also need to find better mats eventually for my dubia/orange roaches but I’m lost . Don’t want to spend a lot looked at amazon overwhelmed too many options. I keep Ts , maybe I can look into other stuff like scorpions again . Just trying to get an idea how hard keeping them are , mine was so old a rescue but I bet it would had lasted longer If I had kept it wetter.
I use lamps with thermostat.