Mom has kids!!!

cheetah13mo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
This is my favorite pede and now I have more than one. This is too cool. What do you think of thier little blue heads?

cheetah13mo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Scolopendra subspinipes (St. Barth, Barbados or Vanuatu) - I'm not sure but from what I've been told it's one of those three. Anyway, I'm pretty stoked.

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
yup, ive got the same 1 also with kids:clap: mine was sold as an indo.blacktipped(scolopendra suspinipies sp.) yeah babies are unreal,mine had only 6,maybe she ate the rest don't know,but they are all seperated and eating mealworms:drool: awesome good luck with yours!

cheetah13mo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Thanks. I'm guessing I have around 60 babies. I have a deal with Botar so he's getting most of them. I'm keeping about 5 for myself.

R.HENNING

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Nice pede, never seen that sp. before. Will have to get one or two.
Maybe she will have more young for you in a few months? :rolleyes:

cheetah13mo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Heres a pic of one of the young ones. I've already gotten pinched but they are too small to do anything.

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Heres a pic of one of the young ones. I've already gotten pinched but they are too small to do anything.

they can inject venom into your skin. it is not really evident until you get bit by a larger specimen and the tiny bites are "activated". i have had 2i S. polymorpha bite me with no seeming affect... adn then a couple days later i got tagged by larger polymorpha and the tiny bites swelled up and started to itch... it was pretty crazy, actually.

cheetah13mo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Wow, that's pretty weird. I sure don't see any puncture marks or anything. That would be strange. Thanks for the info.

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
i'll tell ya when i had a bunch of baby suspinipies(mai chau,dehanni) those little suckers can bite ya,ofcourse it's not much,but i did feel it alittle burning/tingleing feeling and they were only an inch. they are truly amazing.