Molts Molts Molts / Good News

orangeandbitey

Arachnopeon
So tonight I was gettin ready to watch a movie with my girl and I went to grab the dvd from my room and noticed my A. versicolor sling had flipped on its back, so excited its the first molt I've got from her (3rd instar now). So the whole time during the movie I would get up and "get a glass of water" or "go to the bathroom" or "grab a snack" or "put my phone on the charger" haha but really I was checking on my T. All real excuses.

So after the movie I sent the girl on her way and went to finally be with my real love...haha I'm just kidding...kind of. So I'm checkin out my versi's new improved looks and size when I notice my P. murinus didn't eat the cricket I tossed in this morning also he had webbed up the coconut hide / sealed it off, which normally hes in his burrow not the hide. So I thought maybe I should peel back the web a bit and stick the cricket in considering I knew he wasn't molting as he was still bright orange and just molted about 3.5-4 weeks ago and is almost mature I believe (if it is a male, havnt got a microscope to be 100%). Well I peeled back the web and saw his "legs" at the front so I lightly brushed "him" to make him move and...it was exuvium!!! I was not expecting that at all as I said he normally turns very dark premolt and had just ate a few days ago. So I havn't got to see him yet but I pulled the exuvium, I didn't wanna disturb him anymore. I'll get some pics of them both up tomorrow :)

Now my A. minatrix sling is premolt too as she just refused food for the 2nd week in a row and I normally feed her once every 2 days, shes an awesome eater! Can't wait for that. And to top all this off I landed a very large contract w/ my web development company today, which earned me a nice $600 bonus check...and guess what is in 11 days? Kansas City Reptile show. Perfect timing. I think a nice handful of new pokies and psalmo's will make my collection quite nice! What do you think?

Anyways just thought I would share with you all! I will get some pics up tomorrow sometime.

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer
I love suprise molts. I am addicted to molts! LOL Thats awesome you got some dough to blow for the show. Get a bunch of pokie slings! They grow like weeds. :D

popcangenie

Arachnosquire
nice :D my a.leata molted :) hopefully i can keep her till she is mature because i don't see many people with mature avic leatas anymore

edit : just found my vagans all done molting too! happy day!

orangeandbitey

Arachnopeon
Ha it must be molting season :) I'm hoping my minatrix molts today. Now to decide what pokies I want. Def want an Ornata and a Subfusca and I've never had any Psalmos so maybe an irminia and a cambridgei (sp?) :? I love spideys haha

Midknight xrs

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I feel for you, I've had 4 molts in the last week, 3 within a day of each other. My Aviculara Versicolor molted sometime this morning, i tried to stay up to watch it, but it was getting just too late.