Molts left in cage

JahillHimself

Arachnopeon
Is it bad to leave the molted skin inside the Ts enclosure? A few of my Ts have molted and I have been able to just pull the molt right out. Recently my A. urticans and OBT molted and its deep in their web tubes. I don't want to mess it up digging for the skin. I know when my P. metallica molts it will prob be in the hide and I wont be able to get it.

Biollantefan54

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Its perfectly fine, they wont mold or anything. If the tarantula get tired of it, it will push it out in the open.

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
Most T's toss out their molts somewhere in the cage; sometimes they incorporate them into their retreat. Some will wad them up and put them in their trash corner, with their boluses. I have a burrowing Phlogius sp. Goliath in a 12" high cage, that's put her last two molts up at the top of the cage.

Formerphobe

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Some spiders will do 'housecleaning' prior to a molt. Any refuse, including old exuvia, gets pitched out, sometimes in pieces and parts to the four corners.

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
agreed was one of these last month or so.. some clean out eventually. i personally usually grab min IF i can. my psalm loves to put it out of rach. but this last time molted hiding and brought last 2 [but not first] molt from this cup on a leaf he knows i use to water his dish [let it drip down like a rain water siphon]