Molting!

ACoopBB24

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
hey yall... my rosehair is now in her first molt since I have had her...im hopeing and pretty sure it is a female....but i am nervous...ill think she will do fine tho. Any comments about how long it should last.... i just found her on her back a few mins ago and it dosen't look like anything has taken place yet.

any comments would be great

Thanx

The_Phantom

Scarlet O' Hairy
Old Timer
It doesnt take long, sometimes a couple of hours, sometimes less. Bigger ts take longer. Correct me if I am wrong.

Bearacuda42

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Molting!!!

;P ;P Moltting is diffrent between Ts .. some are only few mins some are few hours and yes the older ones take longer sometimes.. and also the older non mature males take longer to sometimes..My kingbaboons and mexican redknees seem to take along time.. ;P ;P

JacenBeers

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
My Rose Hair molted two weeks ago and it took almost 8 hours being upsaide down before she finally broke through the carapace.

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
the longest any of mine have taken is 28 hours...although he/she was actually in trouble at that point.
It should not take nearly that long, but don't worry if you see no movement for what seems like forever.
Once they actually start, it doesn't take that long. It's the waiting..that's the hardest part :)

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I've never seen the actual moulting itself take longer than three to four hours but, like Holley says, the waiting can take what seems like forever. Sometimes they'll be there just laying on their back for as long as 12 hours or even longer - but once they pop the top if it takes more than about four or so hours I'd use judgment as to how it looks (which for a first timer is not going to do you much good unfortunately)