Molting????

NatalieMK

Arachnopeon
Our versicolor has been hiding in her burrow for two weeks now and has completely refused all food. We are really worried about her.. is she going to molt ? or is something else wrong? we are really worried.:(

in the bottom left hand corner you can see her burrow and outline of her body just left of the vine.

Attachments

Last edited:

popcangenie

Arachnosquire
i can tell you right now that tank is really nice but way to big it might be stressed and not be able to get at the food try puting it in a small contaior with some coco and a hise it looks to be about 2inchs maybe?

ArachnidJackson

Arachnopeon
something is sure happening :p

Our versicolor has been hiding in her burrow for two weeks now and has completely refused all food. We are really worried about her.. is she going to molt ? or is something else wrong? we are really worried.:(

in the bottom left hand corner you can see her burrow and outline of her body just left of the vine.
It could be anything, but more than likely a moult or a stressed T.
IMO I would reconsider the size of its enclosure.
At the least, test it in a smaller enclosure and if you aren't happy with the results, change it back. I used to have an a MF in a 25G and she was odd acting. I moved her into a 2.5 gallon and now she seems to have a personality about her.

NatalieMK

Arachnopeon
its my boyfriends decision to keep her in a bigger cage. We feed her directly with the sweezers . We have a a. amazonica in the same size enclosure and she loves it in there. she makes burrows everywhere so di this lil girly until a month ago. She is due for a molt but it is taking forever