Molting? What do you all think?

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
We have signs of life! Little leg poking out, haven’t seen it since 20th September! Will try and feed tomorrow.
I would wait until its shown you its fully ready, it may have just molted, and I would wait to make sure that it has at least 7-14 days for the fangs to completely harden, or they are completely jet black. It wont starve there's no need to push feeding right away, they can go very long times. Just make sure its water dish is full incase it wants to drink when it comes fully out of the burrow.

courtney1027

Arachnosquire
I would wait until its shown you its fully ready, it may have just molted, and I would wait to make sure that it has at least 7-14 days for the fangs to completely harden, or they are completely jet black. It wont starve there's no need to push feeding right away, they can go very long times. Just make sure its water dish is full incase it wants to drink when it comes fully out of the burrow.
Ok thanks for that, I will wait a little longer to feed, hopefully it opens up it’s entrance a bit more as well, I’m so grateful to get a look at it, I know they can hide out for ages but I was still getting worried!

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
Ok thanks for that, I will wait a little longer to feed, hopefully it opens up it’s entrance a bit more as well, I’m so grateful to get a look at it, I know they can hide out for ages but I was still getting worried!
No problem!! Its always best to wait on the safe side, when a tarantula is just coming out of sealing itself away to molt before feeding, at least that just how I do things.

And yeah we have all been there thhe first time a tarantula sealed itself off and disappeared for months and anxiously waiting and wondering if its alright and when it will come out!!

courtney1027

Arachnosquire
Yeah I will! I will wait till it’s fully out and I can get a good look at it’s fangs