Molting twice in one month?

TeePete

Arachnopeon
So. Pete, my Rosea/Northern Gold is belly up in his tank right now only 30 or so days after his last, which was a wet molt. He hasn't eaten in 2 months. Not sure if he's capable if another molt so soon so I don't think this is good news. There is small movement still. I covered the tank completely and will check on him tomorrow to assess the situation. Anyone have any insight? Dead or Molting? How long until the telltale smell kicks in?

Trenor

Arachnoprince
So. Pete, my Rosea/Northern Gold is belly up in his tank right now only 30 or so days after his last, which was a wet molt. He hasn't eaten in 2 months. Not sure if he's capable if another molt so soon so I don't think this is good news. There is small movement still. I covered the tank completely and will check on him tomorrow to assess the situation. Anyone have any insight? Dead or Molting? How long until the telltale smell kicks in?
It might well be a good sign. I've heard that when they get injured or have a bad molt they can rush the next one. There is a good chance this molt may help it recover from the last bad one.

Depends on the size how long the molt prep time takes. Best of luck and let us know how it goes.

Veribug

Arachnosquire
Is he curling at all? And is it possible he could have sort of fallen into a position on his back by mistake? I've been following your other thread too, so if he were active there might be a small chance he was a bit weak and sort of fell backwards whilst leaning on the edges of the enclosure, if that makes sense. If he's on his back in the centre of the enclosure though, then that's less likely in his condition. Perhaps it is a molt. Leave him be for a while, keep his water dish topped up, and give him some peace and quiet. If he is rushing into a molt he'll most certainly want to be left alone. There is nothing more you can do at this point so no point in disturbing him!

TeePete

Arachnopeon
Is he curling at all? And is it possible he could have sort of fallen into a position on his back by mistake? I've been following your other thread too, so if he were active there might be a small chance he was a bit weak and sort of fell backwards whilst leaning on the edges of the enclosure, if that makes sense. If he's on his back in the centre of the enclosure though, then that's less likely in his condition. Perhaps it is a molt. Leave him be for a while, keep his water dish topped up, and give him some peace and quiet. If he is rushing into a molt he'll most certainly want to be left alone. There is nothing more you can do at this point so no point in disturbing him!
He's in death curl. I haven't touched him or the tank since I found him that way hoping he's just rushing a molt. I haven't been home since 7am this morning so I'll post an update in about an hour after I check him again.

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
I have had small juveniles molt twice in a month.

If it is a smaller species then it may just be another molt. How much time was between the previous molt and the one before that?

Smaller specimens should be quicker to molt than larger ones. If it is a younger T and has been on its back for a long time then I wouldn't have too much faith in recovery I'm afraid :(

I would just leave it be in a dark quiet area.

My fingers are crossed for you. I hope everything turns out ok.