Molting T's

casey marie

Arachnopeon
how often are ur T's supposed to molt? i've got a Grammastola rosea who hasn't molted in like a year now. i don't know how often she's supposed to molt. someone let me know?

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
How big is she? That is not that uncommon at all. I have a sling that is less the half an inch and she has only molted once since I have had her and she was bought in Sept. 06. And even when she molted she did not seem to get much bigger.

If she is bigger it would not suprise me if she went another 6months to a year before she molted. But they do it when they are good and ready so as long as you are offering foor every now and then and a full water dish she should be just fine.

Mike H.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
how often are ur T's supposed to molt? i've got a Grammastola rosea who hasn't molted in like a year now. i don't know how often she's supposed to molt. someone let me know?
An adult female " may " molt every 12 to 18 months, each spider is a bit different, basically she will molt when she is ready...

Regards, Mike

JMoran1097

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
G.Roseas grow slowly. Continue to make sure that she is well hydrated and fed and she will eventually molt when she's ready.