Molting solifugid?

Desert scorps

Arachnobaron
I caught this solifugid and it wasnt eating so i asked some questions and people said it may molt, well is this what it looks like when it molts? I really think its molting but you never know

Yentlequible

Arachnoknight
It's definitely a molt. Are you seeing any progress? I don't know anything about these or their requirements, so hopefully it all goes smooth.

Also, nice to see more Utah locals. Always surprises me when I notice the location.

Desert scorps

Arachnobaron
PHP:
It's definitely a molt. Are you seeing any progress? I don't know anything about these or their requirements, so hopefully it all goes smooth.

Also, nice to see more Utah locals. Always surprises me when I notice the location.
Thanks but no progress yet, i have sprayed the cage a little just to ensure she will molt fine. And yeah haha i barely see people from Utah on these forums. I actually caught this girl here in Utah. Saint George to be exact. I also caught a scolopendra polymorpha and 2 vaejovis species of scorpions down there.

Yentlequible

Arachnoknight
PHP:
Thanks but no progress yet, i have sprayed the cage a little just to ensure she will molt fine. And yeah haha i barely see people from Utah on these forums. I actually caught this girl here in Utah. Saint George to be exact. I also caught a scolopendra polymorpha and 2 vaejovis species of scorpions down there.
That's unfortunate. I assume the little guy ended up dying then?

Gekkotan

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Did you caught this the way it is? Nobody posted this here, but to me it looks pretty like it had a wasp sting.

Scorpster1

Arachnosquire
Its molting. I read somewhere that solphugids can stay like this until perfect conditions apply but i may be wrong. Maybe it isnt humid enough or something, im not too sure.

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
Just an observation. Some solufugids operate on glacial time lines. Months compared to weeks or even days for other arachs.

Smokehound714

Arachnoking
Yep, molting. leave it alone. They can remain like this for months. I had An eremobates that spent all winter like this.

if you have disturbed it, it MIGHT be dead, but dont bother it, regardless. If it's dead, it'll shrivel up. Just leave it alone.

I cant stress that enough, dont even blow on it to stimulate movement. Just leave it alone. lol