Molting rant

jbm150

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I was excited because Tiska, my Thrigmopoeus truculentus, molted last week. I have only been able to get one molt from her (the others disappeared... :confused:) and from that, I think she's female. So I thought, great, I'll get this molt and verify for sure! She's big enough now there shouldn't be any question. She finally decided to kick her exuvium out and this is what I find:

I'm sorry, what am I supposed to do with this? Now I get why I couldn't find the last few molts, they were ground into substrate. I've never had a T act like this one, what is wrong with this kid??? :mad:

TrentinG

Arachnopeon
{D my H crassipes does the same thing! I was excited to set it and i saw the molt and it was perfect except the molt was behind it so i didnt want to disturb it and then two days later i found it looking like that :wall:

Newflvr

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Molts

I go through the same thing all the time. Sometimes if you know the molt is coming you can retrieve before destruction happens. Otherwise it seems that some just want to keep it a mystery. Keep trying, persistance pays off.

codykrr

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I feel your pain!

I have quite a few T's that love to do this.

My L. difficilis, my two A. minatrix's

and a couple more. Id say the worst one was my now confirmed female P. regalis. everytime she would molt she would chew them to shreds! :mad: One day I say screw it, I got the molt right after she molted.

Sometimes I think they like messing with us!

Bjamin

Arachnosquire
I've got 3 p. cambridgei's that just molted out to about 2 inches and they have all done the same thing with both molts they have had in my care. I just keep hoping that one day I will get an intact one.

Last edited:

jbm150

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Its tough to retrieve the molts when they're in their burrows. Its frustrating but I don't want to stress 'em out so soon by going in after it. I just have to take it and like it :rolleyes: