molting questions

arachnophobespiderkeeper

Arachnosquire
So I own a Eratigena atrica, and I wanted a bit of information about their molts

Currently, my spider is acting a bit stranger then usual, when nothing has actually changed.

I know that sometimes spiders are just strange and act strange, but I also know sometimes it means they're going to molt. I've never had a spider molt before, so I'd appreciate any tips, how often she'll molt, and what to look out for and when its okay to take her molt out of her cage.

thanks!​

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
If she stops eating and seems to be drinking more, there could be a molt coming up. Long periods of inactivity can be another sign.

arachnophobespiderkeeper

Arachnosquire
If she stops eating and seems to be drinking more, there could be a molt coming up. Long periods of inactivity can be another sign.
Ironically, thats exactly what I meant by acting weird! shes drinking a lot of water, a hell of a lot more than usual and enough that I needed to put a pop bottle dish of water in for her.

shes the spider in my icon, which you can see shes pretty small to a pop cap but now shes almost as big, if not bigger then the pop cap, so I wouldn't be surprised if she molted soon.