molting or not

geo935

Arachnopeon
I havn't seen a molt yet and was wondering the actions before it happend. My rosie is making web everywhere, all over the floor, walls , everything is covered in her tank.
I aslo have a sling and have seen no growth in about 3 mths. HOW LONG DOES IT USUALLY TAKE TO SEE SOME GROWTH.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Is the sling also a rosea?
I have had a rosea sling now for 5 months. She/he has eated a few pre killed items, but not molted. Looks plump and healthy. The thing with G Rosea is they are SLOWWWWWWW growers. I would not think it uncommon for a female Rosea to take 5+ years to get to a big mature size.

As for signs of molts, webbing is one.... refusal of food thats two..... loss of some of her natural coloring thats three...... maybe webbing herself into her hide thats another........ hope that helps some.

cheetah13mo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
You can maximise your T's growth by increaseing the cage temperature and food intake. If your T won't eat, you can't force it. Raising the cage temp increases your T's metabolism for faster growth.

green_bottle_04

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
yep! sure signs of molting.

i agree with Cheeta on the latter....raise the temp....no too much but to around 77 degrees or so.

becca81

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
My rosie is making web everywhere, all over the floor, walls , everything is covered in her tank.
This alone isn't necessarily a sign of pre-molt.

Pre-molt signs include:
  • Refusal of food
  • Abdomen turning dark (most apparent on NW species that have flicked off hairs)
  • Lethargic

A molting mat will typically be spun just before the molting process is to happen.

I aslo have a sling and have seen no growth in about 3 mths. HOW LONG DOES IT USUALLY TAKE TO SEE SOME GROWTH.
Tarantulas only grow by molting. It's not unusual for a G. rosea spiderling to go months with molting or eating (or moving for that matter ;)).