Molted versicolor with cricket

gmrpnk21

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
So my two little versicolor slings came in Wednesday, and I put them in glass spice jars with Spaghnum moss at the bottom and a bit of fake plants stem for webbing. One of them immediately spun a web and was looking settled in yesterday, so I dropped in a tiny cricket. I woke up this morning to find the cricket at the bottom of the jar, and the versicolor had molted! I can't get the cricket out because there is webbing covering the whole area and I don't want to risk hurting the T. What are the odds the cricket will stay at the bottom long enough to allow the T to harden? I am hoping the moisture at the bottom will be reason enough to sit tight for a few days. It was at the bottom all night anyway...

jonnyquong

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
The t will be fine. As long as the cricket doesn't get to the spider DURING the actual molt, the t can take care of itself.

Last edited:

gmrpnk21

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Thanks. I really hope so. I am having a really bad day at work and I don't need any more crap thrown on top of it.

webbedone

Arachnobaron
yep like it was said as long as the cricket doesnt nibble on the T while its molting out and incapabale to fend it the cricket off, it will be fine even a freshly molted T can kick a crickets butt to the curb.

fatich

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
My friend lost his adult Haplopelma lividum during molt,there was a cricket in her enclosure(i think the cricket was hiding in the encolusre and he didn't see it) it was the death reason of his Haplopelma lividum.

gmrpnk21

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
That sucks! I keep checking on the little guy and I am starting to think the cricket can't get up the glass walls :). I will wait a few days and get the cricket out after the t has hardened.