Molt?

Martin Zehlicka

Arachnopeon
Hi guys, I am quite new to the hobby but I wanted to ask if you think my P.Irminia is in premolt.
She is quite aggressive, slow and also she is refusing food.
Thanks for your reply <3
157072301_954237068651345_2909916938461542567_n.jpg

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Refusing food doesn't necessarily mean a T is in premolt. Judging by that pic provided, she's obese and somewhat overfed, hence not interested in food. Try to spread feeding time out more if you want to establish a schedule. Every 2 or 3 weeks for example. Their metabolism is insanely slow compared to humans, so that T will likely not eat for months.

Keep the waterdish filled, though.

EDIT: Premolt with Psalms usually means spider is sealing itself into its hide - that's usually how you can tell premolt is there. Some weeks later, they re-appear in new clothings and striking vibrant colors. And hungry...

Martin Zehlicka

Arachnopeon
Well, she is refusing food since I got her, that was on 20th January, from what I know her last owner kept her water dish empty and he fed her every day.

8 legged

Arachnoprince
Her abdomen is big enough, no need to eat at the moment. Has she alreade built her place (webtunnel etc.)? Can you post a picture from the hole enclosure?

Martin Zehlicka

Arachnopeon
Eventually, she managed to successfully molt, but besides that thanks for the help. I really appreciate this

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Eventually, she managed to successfully molt, but besides that thanks for the help. I really appreciate this
Glad to hear, just as expected! Enjoy her and don't feed her daily or you'll find her staying hidden for long times. P. irminias really are a secretive species and while some are out and about often, keepers always get nervous when they suddenly not see their T weeks or months on end. That is, regrettably, just part of Psalmopoeus spp. traits.

Good luck furthermore with that beauty!