molt

chilean

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I know this is a noob question, but my g rosea is about to molt soon. Since she likes dry (not humid) climate, should I mist one corner of the terrarium when she is in her molt position. (also does the temperature have to be lowered?)
PS: I tried the "search", but I'm being to specific and can't find what I'm looking for.
PPS: I know noob questions are annoying for some, but without the help of the pros, our tarantulas could suffer, thanks for all your help.

xjak3yx

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
my g.rosea molted last night her cage is quite humid and i left it at normal temp. and she was fine could b a good idea to mist acorner but your t might not like it. my rosie stayed up the end where it was dryest anyway. im only a novice but im sure some1 with more experience will tell you.

paranoid

Arachnopeon
i am not a pro mate but maybe i can help,my roseas also hate that,try put water in the corners so the water will go under the soil,the soil will be dry but not under of it and you will have high humidity ;)

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Rosea's like it dry, dry, dry. They're from one of the dryest regions in the world. Misting the cage won't really help her and may actually be detrimental. Just make sure her water dish is full (no sponge) and she can remain undisturbed in an area without direct light, which is where she should be anyway.

The preceeding advice would apply to a juvenile or adult (say, 2" and up) if you have a small spiderling you may want to mist the sides of her enclosure a little on the side farthest from her. People would debate whether or not this is necessary either though.

Since you've already done a search i assume you've read what to do with regard to when to start feeding again, not to disturb her, etc.

Good luck with the molt. If you can watch it happening i reccomend it. It's very cool, like watching a birth almost.

Last edited: