Molt videos

pronty

Haunting Spider
Old Timer
My old molt vids if somebody is interested.....

Aphonopelma caniceps 3,7Mb

Brachypelma smithi 21,6Mb

Holothele incei 2,0Mb

Lasiodora parahybana 2,7Mb

Lasiodora parahybana 3,5Mb

Poecilotheria fasciata 2,6Mb

Hmm.. I can't get this one to work... It keeps adding something to the url.... Well, you can edit the url around the file name....

Theraphosa blondi 19,8Mb

Hope you like them :)

Last edited:

dennis

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Wow, cool vids!!

Especially the molting blondi with the cute white fangs :)

Dennis

pronty

Haunting Spider
Old Timer
Thanks guys =D

Does anybody else have any videos?

dennis

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Im trying to make a video of my cute small P. Platyomma s'ling catching a cricket. But he just doesn't feel like catching crickets when I'm recording ... :mad:

Dennis

pronty

Haunting Spider
Old Timer
Hi genious_gr!
hehe.. those frogs were cute... I'm sure LPacker79 would love them...
And that spider, a wolf spider?
I know it takes a long time to download with a slow modem, but trust me, uploading takes even longer..... I have a 56kbps modem...
Those small vids should download in 15-20 minutes with a slow modem...
I thought about making divx versions of them but they wouldn't play in everybody's players...

Lostkat

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Originally posted by genious_gr
I have 3 videos in my site: www.geocities.com/genious_gr
I'm sorry but your vids are too big for me to dowload, it would take hours with my connection....
I'm on 56k too, but I'm downloading the T. blondi one using Flashget. It's a freeware prog that allows you to dl stuff at your chosen speed, so you can bump the speed up when you're away from your computer, and lower it when you're actually using the internet so it doesnt hog all your bandwidth and slow you down. It'll still take hours, but this way I don't even notice it downloading :)

genious_gr

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Originally posted by pronty
Hi genious_gr!
hehe.. those frogs were cute... I'm sure LPacker79 would love them...
Thanks... Actually it's the same one...

And that spider, a wolf spider?
I don't know. I don't think there are wolf spiders here in Greece. I hope someone can ID her.

I thought about making divx versions of them but they wouldn't play in everybody's players...
I think it would be much quicker to Dl the DivX player and the DivX version rather than the Mpeg version (espacially for the bigger ones...)

I know it takes a long time to download with a slow modem, but trust me, uploading takes even longer..... I have a 56kbps modem...
Those small vids should download in 15-20 minutes with a slow modem...
Actually I have an ISDN connection but there's sth wrong with it and I can't connect at full speed, maybe I'll try to DL them later in the night....

Gillian

Arachnoblessed
Old Timer
Pronty,
Nice! My 5.5 inch blondi just had a pretty good molt. She was laying on her back, when I was shocked to see those huge, pearly daggers..:)
Peace,
Gillian

dennis

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Originally posted by Lostkat
I'm on 56k too, but I'm downloading the T. blondi one using Flashget. It's a freeware prog that allows you to dl stuff at your chosen speed, so you can bump the speed up when you're away from your computer, and lower it when you're actually using the internet so it doesnt hog all your bandwidth and slow you down. It'll still take hours, but this way I don't even notice it downloading :)
I hate to tell you this, but increasing download speeds with such a program, to get speeds higher then 7KB/sec on your 56k modem is just BS. They are free because they are full of ads.
It is simply impossible for a 56k modem to get higher then 7KB/sec, let me explain.

That 56k means, 56 kilobit (Kb). Eight kilobit equal 1 kilobyte (KB).
56 Kilobit divided by 8, makes a maximum speed of 7 KiloByte. Hopes this clears some things up, and I suggest you stop using so called ´download´ accelerators, as they dont really do what they are being told to do. But afterall, it´s your (and a lot of other peoples) choise to do so.

Anyway, that T. blondi movie is cool eh! ;)

Dennis

Lopez

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Originally posted by dennie
I hate to tell you this, but increasing download speeds with such a program, to get speeds higher then 7KB/sec on your 56k modem is just BS. They are free because they are full of ads.
It is simply impossible for a 56k modem to get higher then 7KB/sec, let me explain.

That 56k means, 56 kilobit (Kb). Eight kilobit equal 1 kilobyte (KB).
56 Kilobit divided by 8, makes a maximum speed of 7 KiloByte. Hopes this clears some things up, and I suggest you stop using so called ´download´ accelerators, as they dont really do what they are being told to do. But afterall, it´s your (and a lot of other peoples) choise to do so.

Anyway, that T. blondi movie is cool eh! ;)

Dennis
She never said it sped up download speeds ;) Flashget doesn't speed up downloading times, it lets you lower (not increase) the amount of bandwidth you are using to download, so you can drop it right down to 0.1 kbps, 2kbps or whatever other level you choose.

It also lets you pause a download and resume it later.

It's a download manager, not a download "accelerator"

No programme can speed up a download, it's impossible as you just explained....

Anyway, the only movie I have is of my baby Curly hair Miguel eating a cricket. It's very short and very dark - need more practice with the digi cam.

http://www.donsroom.co.uk/~lopez/Movies/MiguelEating01.WMV

Last edited:

dennis

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
You are right Lopez, wasn't reading too carefully enough i guess ...

Dennis

pronty

Haunting Spider
Old Timer
;P Just keeping this post alive hehe ;P

We want more vids. Make them and show us!

pronty

Haunting Spider
Old Timer
;P ...Still trying to keep my thread alive... ;P

Maybe there are new members who haven't seen the vids yet...