Molt stuck on abdomen

KHolyoak

Arachnopeon
My green bottle blue molted last week and I noticed her abdomen molt didn’t come clean off. Guessing it will come off by itself? Is it worth trying to remove it?
961A0F1D-647B-4CB8-B5CA-564063413F37.jpeg

8 legged

Arachnoprince
The spiders' chances of survival usually increase with the distance from the keeper. You can manipulate, but you need a lot of experience to do so. You don't have this, since you're asking the question here. The remaining skin on the opisthosoma is not rigid and should disappear with the next moult. With fingers/tweezers you will only hurt the animal unnecessarily. Soaking the animal won't help either...

DaveM

ArachnoOneCanReach
Old Timer
Do you mean that the carapace didn't come off?
I can't see much of the abdomen in that photo.
I agree with @8 legged that you shouldn't try to pull any of the exoskeleton off unless you know exactly what you're doing.
It's important that the book lungs (on the underside of the abdomen) are unobstructed by remaining cuticle, but a problem there would already be apparent by now.
Otherwise, there will not be any immediate danger for the spider, which might free itself if left to itself.

quirinus

Arachnoknight
yes it is the carapace that didn't come off, not the abdomen, it got 16 eyes now..
i agree with above, don't manipulate.

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
The carapace poses no harm if it didn’t come completely off, you only want to make sure the anus and book lungs are clear which sounds like they are.