Molt stuck on abdomen gbb

hairyspideyfan

Arachnopeon
My gbb molted several hours ago, but she seems to have a piece of old exo on her abdomen.
I did try to gently remove it with my tweezers, but she scuttled away -I think it might have hardened on there. The underside of her abdomen seems fine. I don't really want to disturb her so soon, but should I either try to remove this or can it be left and will it fall off on it's own over time?
IMG_20160905_150824040.jpg IMG_20160905_150803484.jpg IMG_20160905_150732285.jpg

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek
Cant quite tell by the pics but it looks like the spinnerets also are stuck in the old molt I would not just pull the old molt off you might tear off the new still soft trapped spinnerets. It might be tough but try wetting the area with lukewarm water via a cotton swab and maybe the t will be able to remove what did not come off cleanly during the molt.

hairyspideyfan

Arachnopeon
Hi thanks; her new spinnerets are free and working. The patch of old exo stuck on her is not covering them, or book lungs etc underneath her abdomen, so I'm not stressing that she has no working parts(!) I've never had this happen to any of my spiders before, so I'm not quite sure of whether it is of any concern. I'm hoping it will 'peel off'....

Toxoderidae

Arachnoprince
I'll be honest; that's a wet molt. I'm not quite sure if the spider will survive.

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek
That's a good thing,nothing is blocked and the patch isn't big enough to constrict the abdomen from expansion to much. I would feed sparingly till next molt. If your T's abdomen expands to fast/far it might tear where the stuck old exo is. keep it fed but no J-Lo booty

hairyspideyfan

Arachnopeon
That's a good thing,nothing is blocked and the patch isn't big enough to constrict the abdomen from expansion to much. I would feed sparingly till next molt. If your T's abdomen expands to fast/far it might tear where the stuck old exo is. keep it fed but no J-Lo booty
Ok, thanks for the advice and explaination.... I wouldn't have thought I had a life-threatening situation here! :nurse: