Molt Question

MKG

Arachnopeon
My GBB molted last night. How long do I wait before offering food?

Ghost56

Arachnobaron
1 week for slings and around 2-3 weeks for adults is about the average. But it's best to feed when the fangs are nice and black.

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
The fangs need to harden, and the way to tell if they're ready is that they are a solid black color. The larger the T, the longer it takes for them to harden. It could be just a few days for a tiny sling, or 3 weeks for an adult.

MKG

Arachnopeon
Approximately an inch maybe inch in a half.

MKG

Arachnopeon
The fangs need to harden, and the way to tell if they're ready is that they are a solid black color. The larger the T, the longer it takes for them to harden. It could be just a few days for a tiny sling, or 3 weeks for an adult.
Thank you

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
Approximately an inch maybe inch in a half.
It won't take long, theoretically it could be eating in about 4 days for such a small sling. As others have said, I would still get a good look at the fangs before feeding, just to be sure.

Nixphat

Arachnosquire
My sling first molt I had it ate 4 days after molt, was about 3/4 inches, now after the second molt I've had her for, it's been 5 days and still no sign.. What sounds like a short period of time can also feel like a long wait :rolleyes:

Timc

Arachnosquire
I'd give it a week or so. Just make sure there's water available.