Molt or Dying?

LuckyTiger

Arachnopeon
I know there’s a lot of threads like this but I wanted to ask anyways because the circumstances seem unusual. I had recently cleaned the tank and done a bit of renovating, which included adding substrate. It took the scorpion about a couple weeks to dig back out of the new substrate and I saw it for the first time in a while yesterday. Then today I lifted up the cork hide and I was surprised to see it was actually under there, I have never seen it sitting out above its burrow ever since I got it a year ago. I tried to feed it but got no response aside from a slight twitch when the cricket touched it. It’s pretty fat which makes me think it could be molting but on the other hand the possible stress of the renovation and the fact that it’s above ground makes me think it could be dying.

Attachments

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
I know there’s a lot of threads like this but I wanted to ask anyways because the circumstances seem unusual. I had recently cleaned the tank and done a bit of renovating, which included adding substrate. It took the scorpion about a couple weeks to dig back out of the new substrate and I saw it for the first time in a while yesterday. Then today I lifted up the cork hide and I was surprised to see it was actually under there, I have never seen it sitting out above its burrow ever since I got it a year ago. I tried to feed it but got no response aside from a slight twitch when the cricket touched it. It’s pretty fat which makes me think it could be molting but on the other hand the possible stress of the renovation and the fact that it’s above ground makes me think it could be dying.
What happens when you touch it with a paint brush?

Outpost31Survivor

Arachnoprince
It may be stressed, if possible scorpion would prefer to molt in their burrows if the substrate provided can hold a burrow. It looks healthy and probably had its premolt cycle interrupted. Just leave it alone. It don't look like its dying at all.

EDIT: It was enjoying the burrow life it should eventually burrow again.

Last edited: