Molt Mat Looks like an egg yolk

bteufel

Arachnopeon
Our T Albo is in pre molt, the first time with us. Stopped eating about 10 days ago and has been quite low key, but webbing a lot over the hole she dug. The center of the molt mat has what looks like an egg yolk....what could this be? This morning she started covering the web with substrate.

Attachments

Table

Arachnosquire
those are eggs, she is making an eggsack? do you know I'f she was wild caught?

bteufel

Arachnopeon
those are eggs, she is making an eggsack? do you know I'f she was wild caught?
We don’t know, I had assumed she was not wild caught. Purchased from an online store in November.

Looks like an egg clutch. Do you know if she's been paired, or if she was wild caught?
Paired as in mated? Not that we know of. We’ve had her for 5 months. Maybe an infertile sack? This is all new, thanks for your reply!

Table

Arachnosquire
If the sac is fertal what do you plan on doing with ur hundreds of spiders?

Blueandbluer

Arachnobaron
Paired as in mated? Not that we know of. We’ve had her for 5 months. Maybe an infertile sack? This is all new, thanks for your reply!
Entirely possible that it's an infertile sack. It's also entirely possible that she was wild caught and came preggers. Has she molted yet in your care? If she has, then that should be an infertile sack. If she has not, you may want to reach out to the seller and inquire if she was wildcaught, because if that is a fertile sack you either need to terminate it or be prepared for hundreds of "happy events."

bteufel

Arachnopeon
Entirely possible that it's an infertile sack. It's also entirely possible that she was wild caught and came preggers. Has she molted yet in your care? If she has, then that should be an infertile sack. If she has not, you may want to reach out to the seller and inquire if she was wildcaught, because if that is a fertile sack you either need to terminate it or be prepared for hundreds of "happy events."
Thanks. She has not molted with us. Sellers website says “field collected”.

Blueandbluer

Arachnobaron
That means wild caught. In future, try to buy commonly available species from breeders instead. There are tons of T albos in the US, we don't need to be bringing in more!

It being wild caught means it's more likely to be fertile. You have two options, start studying up on raising a ton of baby slings, or terminate the sack. You can find information on both here by using the search function. Once you're read up on your options, feel free to post again for any clarifications you may need.

bteufel

Arachnopeon
*update... after she laid this, she rolled it up into ball and moved it around a few times but hasn’t touched it in over a week. She took a cricket a few days ago. Obviously not in pre-moult. The sack is flat and very firm, so I’m thinking there aren’t any baby spiders on their way.

Attachments

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
*update... after she laid this, she rolled it up into ball and moved it around a few times but hasn’t touched it in over a week. She took a cricket a few days ago. Obviously not in pre-moult. The sack is flat and very firm, so I’m thinking there aren’t any baby spiders on their way.
It may not be vaiable if she abandonned it, but you could pull it and try and incubate it.