molt gone bad?

ACoopBB24

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
umm... just a quick question... i have an usambara that just molted a few days ago and is now about 1 1/2"-2" and now im observing that it is not tucking its fangs back.... it always has them out....is this a problem?....or is it just recovering from the molt?

kellygirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Do you have a picture? Does it look like s/he is cleaning the fangs or are they just protruding forward for no apparant reason?

I really can't give you any definite answers but maybe you could try offering a cricket to see if the fangs are "working" or if your little one is unable to eat. If it looks like your Usambara wants to eat but can't catch the prey, then you might start to worry. If this is the case, then maybe someone on here can give some advice about helping it eat.

This may not work right away, however, as your spiderling may not be interested in food right away after the molt. If there is no response, try again in a few days. Spiderlings don't typically go on fasts except for right before and after molts so if your spider seems to be fasting, then there may be reason to worry. Don't leave a cricket in overnight if you have reason to believe your spider can not defend itself.

Maybe raise the humidity a bit more in the future prior to a molt to help avoid molt complications. That's really all I can come up with...... sorry! :(

Can someone confirm any of this or correct it if I'm off? :?

kellygirl

Arachnopuppy

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Originally posted by kellygirl
Can someone confirm any of this or correct it if I'm off? :?

kellygirl
Nope. I have never had any experience with this so I'm guessing I would panic if it happens to me or one of my little ones.

ACoopBB24

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
o well

i guess im just going to have to wait until i can get sum crickets and see if she will eat... until then i just get to hope

thanx yall