Molt during shipping

Rozwyrazowana

Arachnopeon
I just got long-anticipated shipping: sexed female b. hamorii, sexed female GBB, and some freebies. I left unpacking and rehousing of GBB for the end. I peaked into the paper towel she was in and I found her mid-molt. I notified the seller and I'm waiting. I don't know if she's still alive. I know that at this point nobody and nothing can help. I just wanted to share.

Edit: An update no one asked for: she moved!

Last edited:

Chebe6886

Arachnobaron
How big is it? I’ve had plenty of smaller/juvies molt mid shipment. Should be fine if she has a little room to do so. Just gotta be careful when housing it.

Rozwyrazowana

Arachnopeon
How big is it? I’ve had plenty of smaller/juvies molt mid shipment. Should be fine if she has a little room to do so. Just gotta be careful when housing it.
It should be around 1-inch body length (plus legs). It was packed tightly, in a paper towel in a little drum. I had to take out the towel from the drum to do anything so I slid it into her new enclosure and then started to unwrap the towel. Then I discovered that she is during/just after the molt. So she is already rehoused. She turned from her back to the right side up so I'm hopeful.

jrh3

Araneae
Arachnosupporter +
Any updates? Did it finish molting?

I lost an 3” LP once it was stuck half way when I opened the container it was shipped in.

RezonantVoid

Hollow Knight
Ive had a couple of 15mm slings molt in transit before but never had anything bad come of it