Molt doesn't look good

jcmbibb311

Arachnopeon
My B. Boehmei sling molted while sitting upright as well. I was worried that it wouldn’t end well but it turned out just fine. Not sure what makes them do that though..

CJJon

Arachnokrólewicz
Something? What? Just a feeling you have?

Can't really tell from the pics.

jaw6053

Arachnobaron
Something? What? Just a feeling you have?

Can't really tell from the pics.
I have never witnessed one molt yet as my other T's are always done by the time I see them. THere is 0 movement on this one. What should be happening at this point ? I just think it's dead for some reason. And if its in the middle of molting, how long until it should be finished ?

jaw6053

Arachnobaron
Nevermind everyone, it was in the middle of molting and is finished now. Looks good and moved back into it's burrow. Wow, I feel stupid now and wish I would have sat and watched it. I dunno why but for some reason I thought it got stuck while molting and was dead.

Edit : Its back out now moving around, updated pic attached

Attachments

Last edited:

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Nevermind everyone, it was in the middle of molting and is finished now. Looks good and moved back into it's burrow. Wow, I feel stupid now and wish I would have sat and watched it. I dunno why but for some reason I thought it got stuck while molting and was dead.

Edit : Its back out now moving around, updated pic attached
Owners are far too impatient. Glad all is well.

kingshockey

Arachnoangel
:D just wait until it gets older and bigger then your gonna be waiting all day for it to molt

mjzheng

Arachnosquire
For next time , molting is super taxing . Sometimes they flip and lay on their back and don't get officially started for hours . I had one sling lay upside down for 3 hours before popping carapace . Sometimes they also take little mini breaks during it.

Congrats on the successful molt. Don't be shy to ask next time because it's true that they do sometimes get stuck, it's rare, and time is of the essence then. Most often they do it just fine though . :)

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
For next time , molting is super taxing . Sometimes they flip and lay on their back and don't get officially started for hours . I had one sling lay upside down for 3 hours before popping carapace . Sometimes they also take little mini breaks during it.

Congrats on the successful molt. Don't be shy to ask next time because it's true that they do sometimes get stuck, it's rare, and time is of the essence then. Most often they do it just fine though .
Glad it all was well for you!

and I agree, OP feel free to ask questions next time again, but try not to be soooo worried, most molts go off without a hitch if you are keeping your T's care properly. And also dont for get that super elusive and mysterious search function to search molting problems! Most of the time you'll find the answers for what you are looking for, if not we are all here to help you!

The one thing i will say OP that I'm glad to see is you included a photo in your intial post thank you for that hahahah, a lot of time we get no information and no photos..... Thanks for the photo it was refreshing on a molting problem thread! ;)