Molt collection.

l4nsky

Aspiring Mad Genius
Arachnosupporter +
Nice ventilation for optimal urticating hair flow.
Lol, it's just an unused enclosure. There actually isn't any urticating hairs of significance in there (unless you count the 3 0.75" molts with class 2 urticating hairs from my Avic avic M2 slings lol).

CommanderBacon

Arachnobaron
Lol, it's just an unused enclosure. There actually isn't any urticating hairs of significance in there (unless you count the 3 0.75" molts with class 2 urticating hairs from my Avic avic M2 slings lol).
It was totally a joke! I have done the same thing, but all Brachypelma, Grammostola, and Aphonopelma :( I kept them in a 32oz cup once and spilled it into my lap when I was gaming in my underwear.

Whups.

l4nsky

Aspiring Mad Genius
Arachnosupporter +
It was totally a joke! I have done the same thing, but all Brachypelma, Grammostola, and Aphonopelma :( I kept them in a 32oz cup once and spilled it into my lap when I was gaming in my underwear.

Whups.
That sounds absolutely, @#!%&^* horrible!

Frogdaddy

Arachnoprince

Whups.
Whoa. There is more to this story I'm sure.
I get the gaming in the underwear. But why do you also have an open container of NW molts in your lap at the same time?

CommanderBacon

Arachnobaron
Whoa. There is more to this story I'm sure.
I get the gaming in the underwear. But why do you also have an open container of NW molts in your lap at the same time?
I didn't have them in my lap. They were on my desk nearby and fell into my lap.

Hazards of not putting things away properly! Learn from me, kids! Secure your molts before you game!

MrGhostMantis

Arachnoprince
I didn't have them in my lap. They were on my desk nearby and fell into my lap.

Hazards of not putting things away properly! Learn from me, kids! Secure your molts before you game!
I keep my molts on the shelves with my other inverts, not somewhere they can fall somewhere uncomfortable.

Rigor Mortis

Arachnobaron
Since I have a small collection I put mine in shadowboxes if they haven't been destroyed or hidden. So far I've only had five of my nine moult, so it's not too much of a hassle. Three are hanging up on my wall, one is in the hallway to frighten guests on their way to the bathroom. Last one I haven't gotten around to yet, still salty that he ended up male.

RevS

Arachnopeon
I intend to make a display case(s) for the molts. Right now I could make a full dispaly for both GBB and H.pulchripes molt collections as both matured as males.

The thing is - just as I got the last of the materials for the cases I had to start home renovations planned for this year. If this thread stays alive long enough I might add photos of those display cases when they're ready.

Just need to think how to arrange them inside.

Weightsandwebs

Arachnopeon
Since all but one of mine are slings I just save the molts in the containers the tarantulas came in. Eventually I'll just combine them into a bin or make a display board with different species

Almadabes

Arachnoknight
My girlfriend likes to make shadowboxes with the molts but she's very picky about which ones to use.
She wants them to be not too curled up badly or damaged, and most of the time - they're curled up or damaged and get thrown away lol.

This is the first one she did with an A. seemanni molt.

We have some smaller grouped-up ones but we just moved and everything's still in boxes.
I think it'd be nice to make a fake abdomen with a cotton ball or something but - y'know her first try. I think it came out really nice.

backdrop makes him look arboreal tho lol.

20210528_180936.jpg

yetkin

Arachnopeon
IMG_20210529_023853_HDR.jpg
mostly slings dont have anything much to show up (its black-white bc my cam is broken)

Emi248

Arachnoknight
I just have my B. auratums latest molt, not anything else... Kinda sad when ya guys have a wardrobe of molts