Molt collection.

Poonjab

Arachnoking
Recently started collecting molts again. Mostly out of laziness to throw them out. Let’s see your molt graveyards. 11BA1B16-3B44-47C2-9D4E-462B970FCC71.jpeg I’ve given a handful of my bigger ones away for classrooms. Just had T.albo molt recently.

CommanderBacon

Arachnobaron
I usually give mine away every six months or so to my friend who makes jewelry out of them, so I just started up a new one. Here's this month's skin box:
IMG_0040.jpg

CommanderBacon

Arachnobaron
I dunno about that @Poonjab ! I have too many Grammostolas, Brachypelmas, and Aphonopelmas, but that 6 month molt-a-geddon cycle maxed out my last bin by the end of March.

I put the smaller ones on my desk for sexing, but sometimes they blow off, so I keep finding little molts all around my house like weird little tumbleweeds that kick up when I walk by.

Poonjab

Arachnoking
I dunno about that @Poonjab ! I have too many Grammostolas, Brachypelmas, and Aphonopelmas, but that 6 month molt-a-geddon cycle maxed out my last bin by the end of March.

I put the smaller ones on my desk for sexing, but sometimes they blow off, so I keep finding little molts all around my house like weird little tumbleweeds that kick up when I walk by.
#tarantulakeeperproblems

corydalis

Arachnosquire
There's just a few I could drag out in the last couple of years, I had absolutely no luck with my C.lividus tho, I've no idea what on earth is she doing with them.

IMG_7562.JPG
IMG_7569.JPG

cold blood

Staff member
i send my molts off to someone who uses them for art....the other week she called, so i did a quick pick up of all the molts laying around the room....lol...these things add up quick.
20210413_133221.jpg

Poonjab

Arachnoking
Anyone got pics of the art they are being used for? I’m curious.

Lyra

Arachnopeon
IV not managed to get a single one yet 😏. All the action happens in the burrow and when it does eventually turf it out its in 100 bits by the time I get to it.

l4nsky

Aspiring Mad Genius
Arachnosupporter +
There's just a few I could drag out in the last couple of years, I had absolutely no luck with my C.lividus tho, I've no idea what on earth is she doing with them.

View attachment 384883
View attachment 384884
A lot of your obligate fossorials just web them into the sides of their burrows and it can be really frustrating sometimes. I had to keep my P. muticus pretty much as a terrestrial for a few months to get a molt at all (the enclosure was really shallow, so to her the solid colored lid was the top of her burrow). It was worth dealing with an irritable KBB whenever I opened the enclosure though, it was my first tarantula and it turned out to be a female that I'll hopefully get a few decades with.

Frogdaddy

Arachnoprince
I've thrown a lot out, but this is what I have now. I'm saving them to rub inside my enemies underwear.
20210518_151319_HDR.jpg

l4nsky

Aspiring Mad Genius
Arachnosupporter +
20210518_162457.jpg
I give a lot of the larger ones away (like P. metallica and P. regalis) to people that show interest in them and want to show their friends and family.