Molt changes in Platyomma

Jones0911

Arachnobaron
For anyone interested in Pamphobeteus, here's one of my sp 'platyomma'....

I've had them since July and and this one is the first to shed twice in my care.

It's very easy to see the differences and both photos were taken with a flash on.

The differences are :

1 - obviously longer legs

2 - much darker legs

3 - the carapace is a full dark turquoise compared to the one on the left which as you can see is only starting to darken up around the eyes.

4 - the abdomen went from orange to a maroon.

I've never looked at Ts this closely but I think its crazy how the carapace in this species (not sure about other genus/species) doesn't change carapace color in one full molt.

Last edited:

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
Looks similar to my Pamphobeteus cf. 'nigricolor' pre and post molt. Whats the DLS? I've noticed that out of the few Pamphobeteus species I own, P. fortis is the one that loses the 'Christmas tree' the fastest while P. sp. 'Goliath/Santa Domingo Goliath' retains it the longest.

Jones0911

Arachnobaron
Looks similar to my Pamphobeteus cf. 'nigricolor' pre and post molt. Whats the DLS? I've noticed that out of the few Pamphobeteus species I own, P. fortis is the one that loses the 'Christmas tree' the fastest while P. sp. 'Goliath/Santa Domingo Goliath' retains it the longest.

I'm not even sure I haven't tried measuring yet .