Hello there, why not take a few seconds to register on our forums and become part of the community? Just click here.

Molt!!!! At Last!!!

Discussion in 'Tarantula Questions & Discussions' started by JacenBeers, Sep 2, 2002.

1. JacenBeers

JacenBeers Arachnoprince Old Timer

Advertisement
    I have had my Grammastolea Rosea as a mature spider for two years without a molt. She was fasting lately and a few minutes ago I saw her frantically spinning webs everywhere. Five minutes later and she is on her back.Lets pray for a successful first molt under my ownership.

2. MrDeranged

MrDeranged He Who Rules Staff Member

Good Luck!!!

BTW, How's she doing?

Scott

3. JacenBeers

She has been upside down for about 8 hours now. She hasnt started the molt yet for some reason she just lies there and her legs and fangs move a little bit once in a while.

4. JacenBeers

She is free and pretty limp and pathetic looking which is to be expected. The carapace and part of the abdomen are still attached but they will come off when she flips back over. Hooray for a success. I am gonna try feeding her an anole when she is fully recovered. How many people have has success with this?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.