Molt and enclosure related question

SuleymanC

Arachnoknight
Do tarantulas feel more and more comfortable in their enclosure as they molt more in 1 place or do they feel same level of comfort regardless after a couple weeks to 1 month after rehousing? Just asking for fun :)

Neonblizzard

Arachnomoron
We of course don't know for certain, but the bottom line is T's are very adaptable.

T's can live in the same burrow in the wild their whole lives, but floods happen, terrain changes, they can find somewhere else to live easily and with little fuss.

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
Some Tarantulas certainly seems to be more natural behaving after molting a few times in the same enclosure. At first they may be hiding and after a molt (s) they are less reclusive. My Psalmopoeus have been like this.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Yeah one thing I am always curious about is if tarantulas can know when their home is old or not but I am guessing they dont know
Not true- many species will roll up their web mats and start with a fresh carpet.

SuleymanC

Arachnoknight
Not true- many species will roll up their web mats and start with a fresh carpet.
So then they do know their web is old and they want to refresh things in it, but something I am curious about is if they know it was them in the first place doing their enclosure the way they did because you are right they do sometimes rearrange their home :)

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
So then they do know their web is old and they want to refresh things in it, but something I am curious about is if they know it was them in the first place doing their enclosure the way they did because you are right they do sometimes rearrange their home :)
I believe it has little to with age, and more to do with how clean mat feels to them. Though perhaps it’s age related too.