Mold!!

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
Ugh, this morning I took at look at my versicolor slings setup, which I was keeping pretty moist.. and noticed overnight most of the moisture had left, and now I have Sphagnum Peat with mold growing on it. I know people keep telling me to keep this guy kind of humid, but really, how humid need it be? It's ventilated quite well in the oversized vial, and also.. The versi had spun quite a web.. which is completely gone this morning. He is sitting on the lid of the vial, and I'm wondering if this patch of white dots might actually be the remnants of the web somehow.. Any thoughts? Do T's sometimes eat their webbing? I've been stuffing the guy with 1/4 inch crickets.

Bill

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
It is a myth that arboreals need high humidity. They live in tree canopies which experience everything from 100% RH on a still, wet day to practically desert type humidites on others. I keep my avics in upright kritterkeepers, no blockage of the ventilation, misting about 1X weekly, waterdish available. That's it. Humidity in their tank never goes above the 40% or so RH of my room.