Mold!

Azza

Arachnopeon
Hi, I got mold on some bed a beast (don't worry the T hasn't moved in yet) But I don't know how to kill it?

Can I put it in a oven/Microwave safely?

Right now I have a heat mat and a desk Lamp heating it up and it is in the warmest room in the house (conservatory)

Azza

Lorgakor

Arachnomom
Staff member
Can you not just discard the mouldy portion? It sounds like your substrate may be a little damp.

DrAce

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Hi, I got mold on some bed a beast (don't worry the T hasn't moved in yet) But I don't know how to kill it?

Can I put it in a oven/Microwave safely?

Right now I have a heat mat and a desk Lamp heating it up and it is in the warmest room in the house (conservatory)

Azza
Dunno. How safe do you want to be? Wear oven mitts when you take it out. If you want to go safety overboard, wear eye-protection.

Seriously, though, microwave is very safe. It will also help to dry your substrate out a little. Make sure it's really warm, and you will kill off the mould.

Azza

Arachnopeon
Dunno. How safe do you want to be? Wear oven mitts when you take it out. If you want to go safety overboard, wear eye-protection.

Seriously, though, microwave is very safe. It will also help to dry your substrate out a little. Make sure it's really warm, and you will kill off the mould.
Thanks for all the responses! I'll do it tommorow.

Azza