Mold on incubated eggs

Leila

Arachnobaron
I made a comment under my thread about my B. albo's recently incubated egg sac; but since there were no informative responses there, I decided to create a new thread.

Does anyone have photos of mold growth on tarantula eggs?

There are about 5 of the eggs in my incubator that have some darker spotting on them. I have searched the boards here, and I have also consulted Mr. Google: to no darn avail. Grr. I am currently at work, so I am unable to provide any photos of the darkening eggs in my possession.

I appreciate any and all info and input.

Last edited:

Spidermolt

Arachnoknight
Just remember that for the chances of spreading mold its much easier to get rid of five potentially bad eggs than to wait and let them infect all 100+ siblings.

If your not sure for a few and don't want to simply get rid of them then what you can do is make another incubator and put all of the risky ones in there and keep (quarantine) them away from the good incubator.

Last edited:

Leila

Arachnobaron
Just remember that for the chances of spreading mold its much easier to get rid of five potentially bad eggs than to wait and let them infect all 100+ siblings.

If your not sure for a few and don't want to simply get rid of them then what you can do is make another incubator and put all of the risky ones in there and keep (quarantine) them away from the good incubator.
Yup, that is what I did :)

Leila

Arachnobaron
Looks like a great deal of them are forming tiny brown spots. :mad:

The paper towels beneath the incubators were not very wet. Slightly damp. No condensation on the walls or anything of that nature. However, I did go ahead and replace the paper towels for drier ones just now. The room the eggs are in is quite humid tonight. TN weather is so strange lately. No idea what to do.

Last edited:

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Don't know if you're home already, but it would help to upload pics as soon as possible.